Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gripping closer to DEATH one wheelie at a time
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody here about this

My Mazda rep was at work this Friday and told me about these 3 guys riding in summerset Ky.. last Saturday said they was going 185mph the 1st two guys were way head of the 3rd guy and then past a cop well the 1st guy slammed on his brakes when he say the cop and the 2nd guy was looking at the cop also and didnt see the 1st guy hit his brakes and run right into him and it killed both of them on contact well the 3rd guy saw it all and told the cops how fast they were going and to beat it all the cop they pasted didnt even see them go by just wanting to know if anyone else heard about it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
NOPE ! MIGHT DO A SEARCH KENTUCKY NEWS PAPERS .

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Hadn't heard about that one but a guy I know in Crossville said that his friend was on his Kawi ZX-12 on I-20 headed west from GA to AL running as fast as she'd go. Passed a GA Trooper roughly 4 miles from the state line. GA boy said "I've got a bike at a high rate of speed that passed headed into AL. No radar lock but 100+ mph." AL trooper came on the radio and said "Yeah, it was black. He just passed." If I remember to story correctly he had an acquaintance in the AL troopers that told him the radio conversation. Is it true? Eh, who knows, but makes for a good story.

·
Post Whore
2,704 Posts
TWO KILLED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT

A Somerset man driving his motorcycle more than 180 mph crashed into a friend parked at a stop sign on Ky. 80. Jeffery Nevels, 34, and Joseph Talbott, 37, both of Somerset, were pronounced dead at the scene about 4:30 p.m. yesterday, said Pulaski County Coroner Richard New. The wreck occurred about 3:30 p.m. at the intersection of Ky. 80 and Grundy Road in front of Shopville Elementary, just east of Somerset. Nevels was at a stop sign at the intersection when Talbott lost control and ran into the side of Nevels, New said. Both wore helmets, he said.

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
I think there are few places anywhere outside a moto GP track, drag strip or some AMA/World Superbike tracks that afford a long enough stretch (w/o cage traffic) to be able to do over 180 mph. Obviously they were hauling a$$ but 180 plus I call media hype, web rumor. Too bad for the cop :(

·
Dive Bomber
661 Posts
once you get to 160mph, the rest doesn't really matter.....164mph, 170mph, 178mph, 180mph they all feel the same after you reach 160.

It really doesn't feel that fast until you hit someone or something! :nanana

I hit someone at 110mph+ at Little Tally one year.....that is when you know how fast your going.:eek

1 - 9 of 9 Posts