Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
You're so big you HAVE to ride a Busa, huh?
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a kit for the Busa, These things are not cheap! But before i go an blow bunch of cash i was looking for some opinions...

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Dragon Master said:
For the money, they're not worth it. Get some Xenon whites from www.TrickTape.com www.tricktape.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=210&1=230&2=-1 and save yourself money for another mod. Plus they'll look almost like HID's anyway.
What he said that's where mine came from for the 929. They work great and provide a excellent light at night. Some of my buddies claim that they can get a sun tan from those babies.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Hey Darkeyce
I believe Tony954RR has them on his bike. If he comes to chilis tonight you can check them out.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
before SBN got shut down there was a guy who did this to his 929 with an HID kit out of a totalled BMW..it is no compasison to any xenon white hyper bulb....that thing was bright as hell and looked really good

email this guy he is the one who did it [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have HID in my Aprilia, I did it before the kits came out, using Ford parts (yes ford had HID ) the ballast and bulb cost me less than 200 then.....I was lucky. Prices have gone up since the HID craze.

For what I paid for it it was well worth it...I don't even use my high beams anymore.
It has the cleanest whitest light....very impressed.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Darkeyce said:
Found a kit for the Busa, These things are not cheap! But before i go an blow bunch of cash i was looking for some opinions...
hey, look for GThayabusa lurking around the GSSC forums, he had it done on his busa...

i have to agree, there is NO comparison between the xenon bulbs and REAL HID...

if you can find him pm me your email addy and i'll have him shoot you a email with more info...

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are a bunch of places that sell kits..the problem I have is that the 'Busa uses two different lights...and H7 for the low beam and a 9005(HB3) for the high beam...of all the places i talked to...only ONE would set up a a kit with the two different brackets i need.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Someone posted back on sbn that they went to HID's and lost the use of their highbeam... it wasn't missed at all...

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nace,
TRhat was exactly what they were going to do...It was $499. The problem is that no one wants to split a set of bulbs...this place didnt' seem top have any problem.

Autolamps online

·
Registered
904 Posts
scorpion said:
Someone posted back on sbn that they went to HID's and lost the use of their highbeam... it wasn't missed at all...
that only happens to those with double filament bulbs like the h4 (hi/lo beam in one bulb)...

being that bike like the f4i and the busa have 2-single filament bulbs you dont lose anything:D

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have LP ION blue lights.... not only does it give it a very trick look but its FAKIN BRIGHT!!! people actually move outta my way in front of me because my lights blind them.... when i flash my high beams i illuminates the high way sign.... Ill post some pics lata....but pics wont really show what it looks like because itll look blue from one angel, red from another, green from antoehr, white from antoher etc.... really trick and much cheaper and just as nice look as genuine HID imo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts