Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see some pics and some hints and tips that could come in handy if I were to go about making my own.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
A lot of the TL owners just use a sheet of aluminum to replace the stock stuff. Don't know if you would want to go that route or not. As for home made fiberglass or ABS, nope, no help there.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i make all my own fender elim. kits. just got get a piece of alum. big enough to do the area ya want and start cutting/bending etc.... havent owned a bike yet that i couldnt make my own for yet. :clap

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's pretty easy. Just make a card board template of the undertail. And then trace it on to aluminium and then cut it out.Buy some aluminum and flush mounts and you're there. I have pictures if you want.

·
Registered
24,630 Posts
i just cut most of my tail off, not sure if thats what you are looking for, but it looks a lot better than stock

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have to take some more pics, cuz these were before the finishing touches. IMO it looks better than stock, and better than of all the aftermarket undertails as well. I'm very happy with my handy work.

·
Registered
768 Posts
BTW its all smooth and flush with smooth shiny plastic now. Everybody say Oooh, Aaaah. Plus I know my left pipe is a tad off, I fixed that. I got the light assembly from a Honda Dio scooter, cool huh?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
SquidwardKX said:
Pairojugs made one for his RC-61 that looks killer...maybe we can get him to post a pic....assuming he is done with his 600RR swingarm transplant.
as if he has to get started in order to get done...:redflip :nanana

besides he would rather work on his bike and do mods to it and let it be a garage queen then go ride it...:confused

·
Whoa, Black Betty...bam-ba-lam
14,005 Posts
jalwade954 said:
as if he has to get started in order to get done...:redflip :nanana

besides he would rather work on his bike and do mods to it and let it be a garage queen then go ride it...:confused
:crackup :crackup BTW...I was going to go ride mine today, but James's left knee is al fugged up...my left knee is swollen and painful, my neck hurts and my hands hurt from crashing yesterday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.