Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Inspector #5
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of us have taken the time to blast someone because we felt as thought the person or company treated us poorly but how many of you have ever taken the time to compliment for a job well done?
I only ask because I just looked on the website of a company that I wanted to compliment one of its employees. The only link I found was for complaints. I called it anyway and told them who I was calling about and what a great job they were doing. They said they would forward the letter to the necessary people and see that he is recognized. I'm not sure any of that is going to happen so I think I am going to write a letter on his behalf as well.
How many of you have done this?
And if anyone wants to tell my boss what a great job I'm doing just forward your letters to me and I'll make sure he gets them ;)

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
Goss50 said:
I'm sure many of us have taken the time to blast someone because we felt as thought the person or company treated us poorly but how many of you have ever taken the time to compliment for a job well done?
I only ask because I just looked on the website of a company that I wanted to compliment one of its employees. The only link I found was for complaints. I called it anyway and told them who I was calling about and what a great job they were doing. They said they would forward the letter to the necessary people and see that he is recognized. I'm not sure any of that is going to happen so I think I am going to write a letter on his behalf as well.
And if anyone wants to tell my boss what a great job I'm doing just forward your letters to me and I'll make sure he gets them ;)
we get those all the time; they come in from complaints, and we do actually get them here (the company I work for is big on recognition though); I'd call in to customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor and indicate that you have a compliment for one of their CSR's; you'll probably make their day.

I love receiving those kinds of calls. :)

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Goss50 said:
have you ever met me? nice is not in my vocabulary.
But since you asked, what is your bosses address? I am sure he would love to hear that you surf CF all day and that you are a dallASS fan living in NY.:redflip

·
Registered
550 Posts
Awww how cool is that, are you going to write Rez a letter and tell him how cool I was to you? :toothy

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have a friend that writes letters to companies who make products that he likes. He writes them praising their products and making suggestions. He gets free stuff like this, kinda like if you write to complain about a product or service. He figures that if you complain about stuff, your name is probably put into some kinda list and you can't do it multiple times, but that they don't track praise like that, so you can get free stuff more often. Me, I'm too lazy to do that kinda stuff. I get pissed off about services and products here and there, but never get motivated enough to write them. I have noticed in many of my dealings with people that when I feel like I have been treated exceptionally well by someone, they were in fact just doing their job and treating their customer with respect, as they should, but nothing really special. It's pretty sad that service most places is so shitty, that anytime you receive normal service somewhere you feel like you are being treated like a king.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts