Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
My car is faster then my bike.
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my endoresment asap and all the MSF stuff is a ways out as far as being booked up. That will have to wait.

I have taken the written test several times to get permits (on my fourth one in 5 years and expired lol) but have just never gone down to do the skills test.

I have a huge ramp to practice on in front of our hangar at work.

I need the approximate dimensions of the Wa state test course so I can set some cones up.

My slow speed skills are pretty good but I would still like to get an hour of practice in before I go down to take the test.

Did a search and cannot find the dimensions anywhere.

I hear the slow slalom is a pain in the ass lol.:redflip :D

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
unfortunatly it is small, and kinda hard.. if you go to the local dmv they have a book and it has the info inside it.. also you might wanna try dol.wa.gov

·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a copy of the book and it shows the course description and all the tests but they give no dimensions of the course.

I just need to know how big the rectangle is and I can set the cones up from there.

I guess what I want to know is, is it like 30' X 70' or something or is it even smaller then that?

·
No longer in Seattle
1,566 Posts
If you go down to the DOL where the tests are given they have it painted on the parking lot. You would have to measure it out of course or just practice there like many people do. All test are easy for the most part. The most difficult for everyone is the slow speed u-turn. You can practice this in any parking lot. The dimensions are 2 stalls wide. So if you can u-turn between 2 stalls and have been riding awhile you have nothing to worry about.

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
DJPK said:
I cannot stress this enough...

GO TO MORTON
once again your useless contributions have confused yet more people. why dont you go post in angelchat forum?

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
wingzero said:
once again your useless contributions have confused yet more people. why dont you go post in angelchat forum?
Go away, Miggy...please. Leave me alone.

Morton, little po-dunk place that has hardly any roads and no one cares...easy as hell to get endorsement/license testing.

·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not looking for nor do I need an easy way out. Just want to practice a little that is all.

·
Your mom goes to college
550 Posts
When I took the MSF course... I would say that the u-turn box is probably 15x30...it is really pretty small. Just remember when you take that part of your test that if you are going to go outside the box just go outside the box and if you are going to put your foot down, put your foot down...It is a lot worse, points-wise, to do both, but you can put your foot down as much as you'd like for only 10 points. But I would have to agree that it is not that hard in general.

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
yeah if you put your foot down 2 times, you are allowed to put your foot down as much as you want after that.. might as well duck walk the bike at that point and just dont mess up anything else on the test. i believe u just need 80 out of 100 to pass.. so u can fail 2 parts of the test

·
Registered
107 Posts
I heard that if you go to the MSF course and get on the waiting list usually 1-2 people dont show up(they forget to come) so you can pay and do it that day. Rainy weekends are even better from what I hear cause people bail out big time.

·
Bee Killa
1,849 Posts
The DOL test is simple, I never practiced and was only dinged for touching a foot down on the last cone in the weave. I don't think it's worth the effort to figure this all out.

·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info mino.................I did not know that is where they did it.

I'll take a run down there tommorrow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You shouldn't have any trouble with the test. It is kind of a joke. Schedule your test, then go watch others do it before you. That will help to make sense of all the marks and lines painted in the area of the test. Practice it a few times in the days before your test, and you're good to go!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I was at the DMV awhile back getting my permit updated, they said something about there being two tests. Which one is it that you take in order to get your endorsement??? I asked her about the MSF courses and she said not to take those for endorsment purposes. Now I'm friggin confused. :confused What test do I take!!! (Frustrated) PM me with the answer plz

·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only two tests I have ever heard of are the written test and the skills test. If they are giving you permits then you must have already passed the written. All you need is the skills test.

I cannot believe how many permits those people have given me.:crackup They are only supposed to issue so many to one person but maybe the count gets erased each year.

Hope to have that rectified on the next dry test day.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
OK, my only thought on DMV administered road tests is find a REAL SMALL hick town to take it in. When I went to get my endorsement in Colorado the Little town DMV I went to had me ride up and down the street, around the block, and perform a couple of U-turns, they didn't have a prepared test course. It was sweet and I was outta there in about 15 minutes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts