Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody riding in the danbury area. we should be out there if the weather holds out.

·
notsane
216 Posts
Where you leaving from? I was thinking parkway to 181 or run up 8 to Meadows of The Dan. I prolly won't start till 10am or 11am feel free to call and look for the guy on the red/black/white F3 with matching leathers. I don't know the area much past Hanging Rock 66/8/89 area a bit.
336-456-0942 Phillip

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we go through danbury on 89 and hit 8 alot. most of the time we stay on 8 instead of spliting of to 58 right past stuart. 8 goes up through woolwine an up to tuggles gap. i like tuggles gap better than medows of dan myself. does not seem to be as many cars up at tuggles. we should be around danbury around 12:00 or so. it is just me and my dad most of the time. i am on a red and black 600rr my dad rides a 96 blue and white gsxr 750. i have blue and white leathers his are black and grey. we will look for you, maybe we will see you around there.

·
notsane
216 Posts
Went all the way to Philpott Lake/Dam today it was a beautiful spot. Nice view from the overlook. Over 300 miles round trip today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we rode up through 66 an 89, then took 8 to tuggles gap. road was wet in a lot of spots up at tuggles. it was still nice to be out riding in january. steeltoe was you going through stuart at about 3:00 or so. we passed a red white and black f3 going toward stuart. just thought it might have been you. had matching leathers also. we got a late start but got in about a 200 mile round trip.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
ecr said:
we go through danbury on 89 and hit 8 alot. most of the time we stay on 8 instead of spliting of to 58 right past stuart. 8 goes up through woolwine an up to tuggles gap. i like tuggles gap better than medows of dan myself. does not seem to be as many cars up at tuggles. we should be around danbury around 12:00 or so. it is just me and my dad most of the time. i am on a red and black 600rr my dad rides a 96 blue and white gsxr 750. i have blue and white leathers his are black and grey. we will look for you, maybe we will see you around there.
I think I met you guys one day on 89. I've got a red and white F2, and I needed gas that day when one station was closed. I hope to go ride with you guys one day.

Michael

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah bet winner that was us. hopefully we will all get to ride together some time.

·
notsane
216 Posts
ecr said:
we rode up through 66 an 89, then took 8 to tuggles gap. road was wet in a lot of spots up at tuggles. it was still nice to be out riding in january. steeltoe was you going through stuart at about 3:00 or so. we passed a red white and black f3 going toward stuart. just thought it might have been you. had matching leathers also. we got a late start but got in about a 200 mile round trip.
I did pass two bikes in Stuart proper as I was headed up. I was looking for you but I thought it was a R6. There were indeed some wet spots in the shade alright. So yep we passed at least we waved :D I wave at everyone on two wheels. I probably shouldn't take such long trips solo but the guys I know here ride so balls out it's hard to find anyone to cruise with. I like to lean and hit the straights but I like to see some of the country too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Holy Crap!

I dont believe it! Theres actually people in the triad that ride! This area seems to have a thing about people not gettin together to do things!
Im in the Stokesdale area. I ride a BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Prep and im all about some twisties! Hopefully this snow will disapear and well have some decent riding weather!
Anyone venture to Shady Valley TN/421?? WOOOOWEEEEEE!

Laterz

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D Man it was a beutiful day to ride. I may have passed some of you I started in Reidsville went thru G'boro, K-vegas up thru W-S up 8 to Hanging Rock and Stuart and back down into Eden. I was a single rider on a Yellow CBR. Can't wait until the weather clears.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
slotwookie said:
:D Man it was a beutiful day to ride. I may have passed some of you I started in Reidsville went thru G'boro, K-vegas up thru W-S up 8 to Hanging Rock and Stuart and back down into Eden. I was a single rider on a Yellow CBR. Can't wait until the weather clears.
If you have not, go west on 89 when you reach it until you see 66 and then turn around and go back to 8 on 89. You can also go south on 66. 66 is tighter and more narrow for the most part with a rougher road surface.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bet winner I agree that is a pretty good section of 89. i'm from around mt.airy so that is the way i go to get to danbury. i agree with you about 66 being rough also. it is a good road but i dont like it as good as 89 because it is so rough. have any of you guys ever been up squarl spur in va. it's kind of narrow but it's a good ride. it ends up at medows of dan. rt 40 at the bottom of tuggles gap is also a pretty good road. i will be glad when warm weather gets here so everyone can get out an ride.

chuck

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I've been to Tuggles Gap twice, to Meadows of Dan a few times, up 58 (I think) a few times--58 is nice. I'm not sure about squarl spur. You'll have to take us up there in May. I'm a CPA and will probably work most weekends until then.

·
notsane
216 Posts
Squirrel Spur is pretty wild. I'd been up less than month the first time I went on it. Loved every turn.

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
There are a few guys from your area that ride over this way quit often to SV. 2 guys on KTM's. Used to ride a Honda Hawk and I think one had a Ducati at one time. Hard to remember. I came up your way a few times when I lived in fayetteville and rode with Mike. Meet past the airport at a service station on the right. I think on 105.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
TLstreak said:
There are a few guys from your area that ride over this way quit often to SV. 2 guys on KTM's. Used to ride a Honda Hawk and I think one had a Ducati at one time. Hard to remember. I came up your way a few times when I lived in fayetteville and rode with Mike. Meet past the airport at a service station on the right. I think on 105.
I rode with Mike (93 CBR), Narf and a few others once. We met at a gas station on 68. Is that it?

I don't know who the KTM guys are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts