Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wandering. I thought about it once or twice because it would clean up everything nicely but then i thought about the safety of it so...

Does anyone not have turn signals and mirrors?

or maybe just no signals?
or just no mirrors?

--
Chris

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Only on track days :twofinger

I run full OEM mirrors/blinkers on the street. Someday I might change out the blinkers if I can find units that are >= stock blinkers as far as brightness goes. I had a bar end mirror on my Ducati, it was so so. I know my bikes look much nicer sans the mirrors, but I don't think I'll find a viable (for me) replacement for those.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't run mirrors and have a eliminator on the rear. I've been pulled over a few times but usually the cops are so pissed about how fast I was going they don't even notice the mirrors or lights :redflip

·
Registered
21 Posts
I run the road with no mirrors. I am 6'4'' & have wide shoulders. So to use my mirrors I had to adjust my body position every time I check them. Otherwise I would be looking at my shoulders. This was becoming annoying so I took them off. Now I just give a quick look back now & than.

I wouldnt run the streets without turn signals. Though I do have a fender eliminator with built in turn singals with flush turn signal up front. This gives the bike a clean look & nothing is hanging out.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
ran with just the left mirror for a few days. wasnt that bad i thought it would be worse.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm moving my signals, but without mirrors? no thanks.. I like to see whats coming up on me (lost my first bike that way... damn cager)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yeah, I had nothing on my old R6....6'5" so I had the same probelm as previously mentioned, so away those went and since I never got around to mounting some flushmounts on the back, I had no signals either. It wasn't that bad. If I was in a lot of traffic, used a hand signal and just before I would turn I'd speed up to give a lil extra distance between me and the car behind me, brake hard and make the turn. Never had a close call, knock on wood.

~ Tyler

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
no signals (shaved) but I do run with mirrors

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
I ran without mirrors for about an hour one time and did not like it at all. I like to keep an eye on the road when I am riding and yes you can just look back every couple of moments, but this takes away from other things you should be concentrating on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
last i hear it was illegal to run without mirrors on the street. it was a big deal with harley guys about 30 years ago. so in rebellion they put dentist mirrors (the little ones they use to look at your molars) on their bikes.

i run flushmounts up front and shorts in the back. oem mirrors

·
Registered
41 Posts
Flush mount signals up fron and Fender eliminater with signal integrator. Mirrors I believe are required. Never trust a cager and always keep them in sight. You know they wont see you.

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
3,456 Posts
I've done all of the above, no mirrors, no signals, neither, now I have mirrors and front signals, no rear(eliminator) The first 3 bikes I had didnt have mirrors, but this one does, I like having them now, but I still feel safer looking over my shoulder before changing lanes

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
No signals but I have to have my mirrors I wanna know what's going on behind me ;)

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
As another big guy I onle see a littl eout of my mirrors, especially with my winter riding jacket. I am able to live with it. Another option, a little expensive though, is to mount a small camera in the back and get a 4x4 lcd screen. My friend did it on his 996 and it worked out well. He sitll has the mirrors on the bike but uses the screen to see whats behind him.

Tom

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
I run with one mirror right now...not for style purposes...just the other broke off, and I dont' know how you could feel comfortable without them... YIKES... like miz says I like seeing whats behind me too!!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I never took in to account how much i actually use my mirrors until i thought about it and i use them regularly. I might run w/ no signals on my next bike but not sure. i gotta learn all the hand signals... :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
A few people here run with out the stock mirrors. They went and bought those convex mirrors for big trucks, and put them down inside their front fairing on the edge so they look below the clip-ons. Kinda wierd when you have to look, but they got used to it.

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
Slyder said:
No signals Front & Rear?
the rear are coming off today I never use them the fronts ripped off on my accidents never bothered to replace them most likely won't until I replace the plastics then I am going to flushies

1 - 20 of 26 Posts