1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
I don't think you can go a year without buying a bike.:redflip

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
I don't think I'd buy a replica bike like that. It's cool and all but it doesn't justify the extra price and the super extra price to replace plastics if you fuck them up. Learned that the hard way by getting the "rare" color of the bike I got. It's impossible to get plastics for this fucker unless I replace the whole set. And the rare occasion I do find one on ebay they want more than they costed retail new. fuck that. I ride with broke shit

BTW: I swear a lot

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't go with radial brakes on the RC51 since that's the latest rage....

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
edit: moved to 2nd page

·
Registered
613 Posts
No new bike... Still moding the crap out of the TL using parts from other bikes...

Just got my radial master cylinder from an 04 GSXR 750.

Lets see... That now make the brakes on my TL: 04 GSXR 750 MC, Kevlar lines sized for the TLR and ZX12R calipers. An 02 GSXR1000 rear caliper sits in back.

Why buy new when you can bastardize what you have. :nanana

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Got 2 new ones this year.
If I get one next year it will be a DRZ400 Supermoto.
I hope I'll be able to keep my license with it...:D

·
Registered
564 Posts
If I get this new job here soon, I'm gonna try and pick up a Ducati 996/998 this spring. Always wanted one. Dont really care about the new bodystyle and prices on the 996/998s are finally coming down to the relm of affordable.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BBR6 said:
If I get this new job here soon, I'm gonna try and pick up a Ducati 996/998 this spring. Always wanted one. Dont really care about the new bodystyle and prices on the 996/998s are finally coming down to the relm of affordable.
You've been talking to Dan haven't you? hehe

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
anyone scoring a new ride for 05?
Not if I want to continue having sex..................with my wife. :D

But the Rossi R6 is pretty pimp.....but may not be coming to the good ole US of A for 2005.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dodger said:
Daaaaaamn yooooooooou. :D
I almost had it a couple weeks ago. I had just started a new job that week before and planned on financing the whole thing but was turned down due to length of employment. I'm saving up the cash now and with tax time almost here, will be paying for most of it in cash.

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
Re: Re: anyone scoring a new ride for 05?

I'm not big on replica bikes because:
1) They're too flashy, IMO. If they want me to have their stickers on my bike, then I deserve some payment for the advertising.
2) What if Repsol goes with a different manufacture within the next few years. I kept thinking about everyone who bought Telefonica GSXRs while watching the Telefonica Hondas go around the track. :p

Blade-Runner said:
But if I had to pick, I'd get the 05' RC51

:drool I saw that on the website a while back. Sure is pretty.

But oh well... I'm not getting anything new in 05.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Brooks said:
I almost had it a couple weeks ago. I had just started a new job that week before and planned on financing the whole thing but was turned down due to length of employment. I'm saving up the cash now and with tax time almost here, will be paying for most of it in cash.
Double damn you Brooks!:redflip

That's a sweet bike!

Surprised they're still making the RC51:confused

My opinions are of no consequence since I have no $$ for a new bike this year.:topicsuck

1 - 20 of 37 Posts