Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

are we gonna get charged for the ambulance visit?

859 views 41 replies 30 participants last post by  bilbo33889 
#1 ·
well, after Z's blood giving and insuing passing out. the DR called out an ambulance, and they came. and we all decided that Z didn't need to goto the ER.

I ASSUMED this was a civil service and that we wouldn't be charged, but a workmate told me would. anybody know?

she got checked out by the paramedics, but they didn't take her to the ER....:shrug

#7 ·
In NYC we have EMS along with private companies and they all bill you if you are brought to thehospital. I am not sure about this situation. A lot of the paramedics here tell the people thye will be billed for the ride since many call 911 for some ridiculous complaints. We always call them the red and white taqxi service.:shake

Tom

#8 ·
well, when you call 911, arent they city ambulance that hang out at city firestations?

i usderstand there are private amb. co's. but they are usually used for transporting?

#9 ·
Lil Bit said:
I don't think so...but it might be different in different states. I know here and Michigan if they come but you deny to be taking by ambulance they can't charge you.

:shrug
I don't know about that. My Dad was having a bad asthma attack and our local ambulance came out, as did an ambulance from the next town over. The out of town ambulance just came into the house and helped load my Dad up. Our local ambulance took my Dad to the hospital. My parents still received a bill from the out of town ambulance company for the "trip".

#11 ·
RACER X said:
well, when you call 911, arent they city ambulance that hang out at city firestations?

i usderstand there are private amb. co's. but they are usually used for transporting?
It varies from town to town. NYC has FDNY/EMS but also uses private companies.

In Nassau the police dept has several ambulances and so does the volunteer FD, so it depends on who comes on a given call.
Tom

#12 ·
i don't think you'll get charged as long as you don't ride in the amb. somewhere. that happened to my brother, they came but he didn't go anywhere w/ them, so no bill. On my occasion i rode in the amb. and got a bill for 3 bills 'bout a month later :mad .

#13 ·
tommymac said:

In Nassau the police dept has several ambulances and so does the volunteer FD, so it depends on who comes on a given call.
Tom
so it's a gamble? you might get charged or you might not....:confused if NO ride is given....

:confused

#16 ·
nastycrossman said:
I don't know about that. My Dad was having a bad asthma attack and our local ambulance came out, as did an ambulance from the next town over. The out of town ambulance just came into the house and helped load my Dad up. Our local ambulance took my Dad to the hospital. My parents still received a bill from the out of town ambulance company for the "trip".
I was in an accident in Traverse City once but refused ambulance service after they had already showed up. I never got billed.

#19 ·
RACER X said:
so it's a gamble? you might get charged or you might not....:confused if NO ride is given....

:confused
I dont think you will get billed, if they did something for you, it may be a possibility but I realy doubt it.

PS an ambulance ride is going up to 700 dollars in NYC prety soon.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.