Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mad Hawk
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you more of a Jack of all trades or prefer to be a master of a specific thing???

I am more of a Jack. I can do many if not most things to an acceptable level (to me or others I am helping). I prefer to be good in many areas. Some here at work refer to me a the master on Notebook support / repair....but I don't see myself that way...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
jack off type of guy ;) :eek

·
Just say NO to PC!
743 Posts
Jack of all trades...........master of NONE here.

Although I'm trying.

I kind of like being able to be "good" at many different things, but there is a definite burden to carry when you are NOT the master of any one thing....kind of a focus problem I have (I guess).

I certainly don't consider myself a master at anything, although I have strengths, I wouldn't go so far as to say I have "mastered" anything. Mostly I feel that the more I learn about anything, the more I realize I still have more to learn.

Hrmmm new BS Degree level.....Jack of all trades... :laughing

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
I don't know. I can do a few things very well....but I don't like to do things half assed. When I try something new I want to do it all the way. What does that make me? :confused I guess I'm more of a master I suppose.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
computer science = master
everything else im just decent at
I can work on my own bike, can rebuild carbs and such...but need someone to show me the 1st time
I can ride ok, just haven't spent enough time doing it to be really good
i can do must stuff around the house, simple wiring and handyman stuffs, but I wont touch anything thats natural gas

·
Registered
615 Posts
Jack for sure, I've had about 6 radical career changes in 15 years, none of which I had actually had specific education for. I think it's made me a more "well rounded" individual, but probably has gotten me into more trouble as well, because I quite often "set people straight" when they spew off about something they THINK they know about.
Actually, that may be a good thread to start, how many jobs have you had...I better search first though.....

·
Registered
958 Posts
The wife has always called me a Jack-ass of all trades!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
A definate Jack epecially when it comes to board sports.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jack here, though I am trying to be a Master. I've noticed us Jacks tend to have too many interests to focus on one thing well enough to master it. It takes me a huge amount of effort to focus and spend time practicing anything. I am trying to master the guitar, or at least aspects of it. I've gotten a lot better lately, but it is still amazing how far I have to go before I could consider myself to be any good.

-J

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
In my respective field I'd call myself a "jack". There are things I'm better at, but I "know" alot of stuff. I just don't know enough to be a "master" in any one specific area. In some ways it helps me, in others it hurts. :shrug

·
Registered
744 Posts
If there is something I'm remotely interested in I absorb every bit of knowledge on it. I'm only master of two things.

·
Moderator/Coder,
8,835 Posts
I'm a jack... in fact, I'm jacking off right now j/k

Seriously, though, I'm definitely a jack of all traits. "If you want something done right, do it yourself." Sure, there are certain skills that I've mastered and excel at- but my scope of knowledge is well beyond those.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts