Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my God! This has totally made my day...

Tell me you didn't see this coming.

Read the article here...on CNN.com
Al Gore's son charged with pot possession
Saturday, December 20, 2003 Posted: 10:28 PM EST (0328 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The son of former Vice President Al Gore was arrested Friday night on a marijuana possession charge after police stopped the car he was driving for not having its headlights on, according to a news release from the Montgomery County, Maryland, Department of Police Services.

Albert Gore III, 21, was behind the wheel of a Cadillac driving in downtown Bethesda at 11:30 p.m. EST Friday when it was spotted by a unit with the Montgomery County Police Holiday Task Force, the statement said.

After he pulled the car over, Officer Robert Cassels noticed all of its windows and the sunroof were opened despite the freezing temperature, and he "smelled the odor of marijuana coming from inside the car," the statement said.

A search of the car found "a partial marijuana cigarette" and "a cardboard cigarette box with a baggie containing suspected marijuana," the police statement said.

In addition to Gore, police charged two male passengers in the car with a misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana. The three were released from jail, pending trial.

Gore, a Harvard University student, has had previous brushes with the law. He was ticketed for reckless driving by North Carolina police in August 2000 when he was clocked going 94 mph. Military police arrested him for drunk driving near a military base in Virginia in September 2002.
Nice little record he's got going. At least the Bush daughters are cute...this guy's a porky little bastard.

· Registered
3,629 Posts
H2O_Goalie said:
Oh my God! This has totally made my day...

Tell me you didn't see this coming.

Read the article here...on CNN.com

Nice little record he's got going. At least the Bush daughters are cute...this guy's a porky little bastard.
Ahahahahahahaha fat little pot smoker!!!!!!!

· Doofus Extrordinaire
692 Posts
Gotta love it!
I wonder what the fall out from this will do to Gore's endorsement of Dean.
Joe Lieberman must be lovin life right now!
Lenny

· Whoa, Black Betty...bam-ba-lam
18,286 Posts
H2O_Goalie said:
Yeah, I knew the answer. It was more of a rhetorical question.
unfortunate that his father would get him out of this crap and that he would take advantage of his father's position....no such thing as personal responsibility these days

· Whoa, Black Betty...bam-ba-lam
18,286 Posts
karl_1052 said:
well, reckless driving is only a ticket, and DUI, here at least, is a one year license suspension.:shrug
wreckless op here can easily be lost license for 1 year....DUI another suspension, and the fact that his DUI was underage.....that is usually good for a nice long license loss.:shrug

· Registered
18,037 Posts
SquidwardKX said:
wreckless op here can easily be lost license for 1 year....DUI another suspension, and the fact that his DUI was underage.....that is usually good for a nice long license loss.:shrug
my little bro had DUI and he could still drive to work, just not out on the town--ya know to friends houses or whatever, for a year, but it was reduced as soon as he got his community service hours done. :shrug

not saying that it's "right" but i guarantee my daddy didn't bail him out. :crackup

· I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,926 Posts
:shake

big deal, the kid smokes a fatty now and then....

if this is what the general public finds to bitch about, theyve got way too much spare time on their hands :rolleyes

· Moderator,
12,991 Posts
Well, I despise Al Gore...but during the last presidential election he did make his stance on drugs and their legalization pretty clear. Obviously, his son does not feel the same way. That's OK...my Dad and I didn't see eye-to-eye on everything either.

Gore's son is an adult now and responsible for his own actions. His father should not have to baby-sit him.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.