·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please explain why.

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
I'm not a part of the American Medical Association because I'm not a Doctor. :shrug

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bravo1 said:
I'm not a part of the American Medical Association because I'm not a Doctor. :shrug
Thanks for your input:redflip

Was I supposed to say this thread is ON TOPIC?

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
Sorry. But to answer your question, No.

I don't see the need to join another membership club.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Yes I am, They lobby for riders rights, keeping open ORV parks, they do many things other than just govern racing.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skinny_punk said:
Yes I am, They lobby for riders rights, keeping open ORV parks, they do many things other than just govern racing.
This is why I joined, but I wonder how big of a difference they make here in WA?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
40 views and 5 votes:confused

Did I leave out an option?

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
RoadkillR6 said:
This is why I joined, but I wonder how big of a difference they make here in WA?

I know that the AMA was instrumental in getting our local ORV park built many years ago. As land is being developed at an ever increasing rate, and with the tree huggers bitchin' all the time, there are fewer and fewer places to ride. The AMA is always helping with alternative parks and areas to ride.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
+1 to skinny's reasons. I mostly joined because I wanted to support they're lobbying arm.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i was until about 5 years ago. i let my membership expire. i should re join just because it is important for us to lobby against all the silly laws they try to impose on us.

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
I'm not a member but I should be. I always see cool little discounts for AMA members...

Maybe I should ask for a membership for my Xmas or Birthday present!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
How much does it cost? I know i could look online but i'm busy at work and don't feel like searching. I think i will look into joining just for some of the reasons you guys stated.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JohnnyMonsoon said:
How much does it cost? I know i could look online but i'm busy at work and don't feel like searching. I think i will look into joining just for some of the reasons you guys stated.
About $40 a year. AMA

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Nope.... I'm already a member of too many associations.

AOPA (Aircraft Owners & Pilots Assoc)
EAA (Expiremental Aircraft Assoc)
NRA (National Rifle Assoc)
NAA (National Archery Assoc)
Bowhunters of America
Society of Professional Engineers

+ about 10 others......

Oh and........ CF. :redflip

·
Moderator,
8,310 Posts
Yep. I'm a member of all the things I enjoy. AMA for motorcycles, and WSSA and ASA(both snowmobile).

·
Bee Killa
1,849 Posts
I'm a member. I really like the legislation that the AMA is focusing on. For example, the bill they are pushing to end health care discrimination against motorcycle riders.

How many of you would like your insurance to refused coverage if you're in a wreck, and possibly screw you for a large portion of your life?

Seems like a good place to put my money.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts