Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new set of leathers ..Dianese 2 pc suit :D

Extremely nice, but more touring oriented. I'd like to add a set of sliders but there's no velcro:mad:

Anyone know someone who can sew on some velcro patches, or if this is even a good idea?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Well, you have 2 options....

1 - Buy some velcro 'ovals' from somewhere like newenough.com and take your suit to a leathershop and have them sewn on. No, this isnt a bad idea and will not hurt the suit.

2 - www.motoliberty.com sells a product called 'soks'. They are basically elastic 'velcro ovals' that slide onto your knee and the kneepuck attaches to them. I've seen these around here locally and they hold up good.

·
Registered
454 Posts
You could also check out Barnicle Bills a lot of guys swear by him. I am sure he would be willing to help you out. He does custom suits as weel as repairs.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Brian F4i said:
2 - www.motoliberty.com sells a product called 'soks'. They are basically elastic 'velcro ovals' that slide onto your knee and the kneepuck attaches to them. I've seen these around here locally and they hold up good.
Motoliberty is right down the road from me! I haven't heard of these soks before, but I just might use this as an excuse to go out there and spend more money I don't have on gear I probably don't need. :)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Rocket_Cowboy said:
Motoliberty is right down the road from me! I haven't heard of these soks before, but I just might use this as an excuse to go out there and spend more money I don't have on gear I probably don't need. :)
Tell Audrey aka Sliderwoman Brian F4i said 'WHASSUPPII?' If she doesnt remember me, remind her about the sparky puck pictures. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I put a velcro kit on my textile riding pants and it's working out really well.

I am surprised that you can even buy a new pair of leathers without velcro on 'em. Do your leathers have any armor? Maybe it's not too late to take 'em back and get some designed for more aggresive riding/crashing.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hammer4 said:
Another alternitive..is.........www.newenough.com they have the velcro kits..:D

I thought that was option 1 in my list........ wait a minute, IT IS OPTION 1 IN MY LIST! :twofinger

(sorry.... just in the mood today! :D )

·
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rick said:
I put a velcro kit on my textile riding pants and it's working out really well.

I am surprised that you can even buy a new pair of leathers without velcro on 'em. Do your leathers have any armor? Maybe it's not too late to take 'em back and get some designed for more aggresive riding/crashing.
I have 2 sets, one of which is my track day suit with CE armor/pucks etc, this is my "street" suit which is alot more comfy to ride for long periods of time with, I just miss not having pucks on it :)

·
Moderator,
3,129 Posts
I would try the link for Barnicle Bill's. I have seen the work first hand and it's top notch. Not expensive either and the turn around should be rather quick.. gl:cool:

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
I wouldn't worry about pucks Zeos. You'll probably have a hard time getting your knee down on that R6 anyway. I hear they are slow :laughing

I would say that you're local shoe repair place / leather shop would be the cheapest and quickest. I take hockey gear there from time to time, and they always seem to do very very nice work.

Just make sure that they place the patches correctly. You can probably get the patches from www.newenough.com :D If you didn't want to buy the kit, your local fabric store should have heavy duty velcro.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have 2 sets, one of which is my track day suit with CE armor/pucks etc, this is my "street" suit which is alot more comfy to ride for long periods of time with, I just miss not having pucks on it
So noted :D
Then I'd just grab the velcro patches from where ever, I think I paid $6, and sew 'em on. Of course kneedragging on public roads is pretty squidly (not that I never do it :D )

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a pair of the "Soks" strap-on sliders once. I didn't like them. The fit is hard to get right, and the straps bind on the back of your leg. It's also a pain in the ass to put them on all the time and the velcro pads are flat so they wrinkle up when you put them around your curved leg. I ended up cutting the straps off and taking the velcro pads to a leather shop to get permanently installed on my leathers.

·
Registered
602 Posts
here ya go...

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/kneepucks.html

bottom of the page

LP USA Universal Knee Sliders

Our Universal Knee Skids include a velcro patch that can be sewn on any set of leathers. The custom curve fit and hard compound make these a track favorite. Turn street leathers to race leathers in minutes. Black only. Sold in pairs. Hook Velcro backing.

248-55....................................$24.95

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem, but being the cheep basterd that I am:toothy. I just went to a office supply store and bought some 2" strips of velcro and super glued them on. If you care what it looks like though, I'd recommend one of the other ideas posted.:D

·
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just sent an email to BB's ...gonna see what they have to say. Thanks for the info!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts