Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help me w/ this? I just need to pull the receiver,
plug in an aux adapter for my MP3 player (I can do this part!), and
then remount it...no wiring necessary. I know it's easy, but I don't have to tool to do it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
629 Posts
If it's for a toyota it's quite simple, there are some good write ups on line.. And if you have Toyota you need to get one of these as well, it has an AUX mp3 input as well.... (I am assuming Toyota because I thought you had a Tacoma or Tundra)

·
Forum Leader,
17,386 Posts
1) Push AC vents in at sides and remove.
2) Remove two exposed screws from AC vent cavities.
3) Remove all knobs from AC control.
4) Remove all screws from AC knob cavities.
5) Remove dash trim panel from dash.
6) Remove screws from car stereo mounting brackets.
7) Pull car stereo forward, disconnect connectors and antenna.

at your own risk... im off tomorrow, come on over and we'll break it real good :lmao I might let you take a test drive of the tizzle too ;)

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it's for the Alpine receiver in my S2000. Is there a way to get an aux input on an '01 Tundra OEM head unit w/ the OEM in-dash changer? If so, that would rock! I bought an FM transmitter for my MP3 player in the truck, and the sound quality sucks pretty bad...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Chris S said:
No, it's for the Alpine receiver in my S2000. Is there a way to get an aux input on an '01 Tundra OEM head unit w/ the OEM in-dash changer? If so, that would rock! I bought an FM transmitter for my MP3 player in the truck, and the sound quality sucks pretty bad...
Chris get the NAV.. :D

Tundra...

·
Forum Leader,
17,386 Posts
I have an AUX input in the dash ... so i bought a cable from Fry's in case a passenger has a portable MP3 player lol

Anyway, i saw the install of that nav unit ...looked like a struggle, but not impossible. Def. a cool idea :thumb

For the Alpine head units, there's a small tool thats fit in each side - has like a hook on the end - unless they've changed in the last few years? I had a couple that, with the tool, were super easy to pull...iirc the stereo should have come with em.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Reyndogg said:
For the Alpine head units, there's a small tool thats fit in each side - has like a hook on the end - unless they've changed in the last few years? I had a couple that, with the tool, were super easy to pull...iirc the stereo should have come with em.
If you no longer have the tool, one can be made using some stiff wire (I use metal clothes hangers) - bend the wide upon itself on one end of each wire so it forms a loop. One goes into each side. Basically you'll push them in the slots (mid-point on each side right at the edge) until you feel some resistance, then just a little further so it pushes out the retaining clips. At this point, you should be able to just slide the unit out of the cage and remove the "tools". You do not need the "tools" to reinstall the unit back into the cage, simply push until both retaining clips snap into place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.