Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are all the Zonies!

:D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Out enjoying all of the nice riding weather while the rest of the country is winterizing their bikes and wearing sweaters? :redflip

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey totenkinder, good to see ya. Like yer new avatar.

I laff to myself seeing the poor bastards talking about winterizing the bikes or how cold it is, :laughing

Man it is just gorgeous out today! I love living here!

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Well I'm not in Arizona yet, but moving there in January (Deer Valley area) Hope to see you guys soon... and the HOT weather! :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
quackPOT said:
Hey totenkinder, good to see ya. Like yer new avatar.

I laff to myself seeing the poor bastards talking about winterizing the bikes or how cold it is, :laughing

Man it is just gorgeous out today! I love living here!
Thanks! Just trying to follow the herd of weirdos..

Yeah.. people bitch about how it's too hot to ride in the summer, and too cold in the winter. Makes you wonder if anyone ever rides at all. :laughing

Diitto on the gorgeous weather.. I was even stuck in traffic after work, and I didn't mind because it was so nice out. I still have a soft spot in my heart for Texas, but Arizona kicks mucho ass. :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yup..... weather was sweeeeeeet today.... one tip though, always know where you are...... I wasn't paying attn to where I was riding because it was so nice, and I ended up in south phoenix on third st. just north of buckey............. HOLY $#!t !!! thought someone was gonna KILL me!!! needless to say, I didn't come to a "complete" stop at the intersections........ Oh well, It was a perfect riding day !!!

Later,

Craig

·
Registered
726 Posts
I know you guys have some kick ass riding roads too. One of my brother-in-laws lives in Tempe. We went and visted a while ago and he(doesn't ride) took us on a trip(car) out to canyon lake and powell lake. I wished I had my bike with me because that would've been an excellent ride. Do you guys ride out there a lot?

Year round riding weather like FL but tons of twisties!:jedi

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cappy said:
I know you guys have some kick ass riding roads too. One of my brother-in-laws lives in Tempe. We went and visted a while ago and he(doesn't ride) took us on a trip(car) out to canyon lake and powell lake. I wished I had my bike with me because that would've been an excellent ride. Do you guys ride out there a lot?

Year round riding weather like FL but tons of twisties!:jedi
I've never been to Lake Powell on a bike, but I've been to Canyon Lake plenty of times. I can't fathom living somewhere that I am not able to ride year round. Screw that! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
SBW is down for the server upgrade today, so I decided to stop by and say hi over here instead. :D Another AZ/Phoenix rider here. 41k miles on my 2-fiddy since April 2000. Thank God the temps are coming down now! Sure, it's a year-round riding climate, but that doesn't mean it's all that fun riding in the middle of the day in July! :(

"I ended up in south phoenix on third st. just north of buckeye"

I work downtown and live southwest of Phoenix... the end result is a daily trip through South Phoenix. It's certainly a far cry from rolling through Paradise Valley, but I wouldn't exactly fear for my life in South Phoenix. Geez... the worst neighborhood in Phoenix doesn't come close to the ghettos in other major cities!

4:20pm and not much more time to waste at work today...

mason

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm went to school near detroit, and given the "bad" areas there are much worse.... but these people were definately not happy my motorcycle and i were there....... maybe everyone on that st. was just havin' a bad day???? .......
Craig

·
Registered
10 Posts
They were probably just pissed that the Diamondbacks got kicked out of the playoffs. How are they going to fund their crack habits if they can't break into cars while people are parked there to attend D-Backs games? :laughing

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well I live in Oregon now but I grew up in Scottsdale and god do I miss it. I'm sittin here watching ASU lose to Oregon St. The freakin Beavers for christ sake!! We need Jake and the rest of his boys back at ASU. In fact all of my Arizona teams are losing excecpt for the one I hate, the cardinals. Im so sick of the people up here talking about how great the Ducks are.

Anyway, I hoping to bring my bike there this winter to ride around my old stomping grounds. Still trying to decide if I'm gonna get a new truck or a trailer for it. I hate the summers there but the fall, winter and spring are the best. Someday I will be back for good. Maybe when the economy gets going again I will get the courage to change jobs. My heart is in AZ even if my bike and I are not.

WooooHOOOO ASU just scored!!!!!:redflip

·
Registered
10 Posts
AMEN to that! I'm an anti-Bidwell guy, so it would certainly be a good day when the Cardinals packed up and left for good! Send them someplace far... like Oregon!
I'm also a Sun Devil right now, so I'm hoping they can at least beat ONE quality team this year... and UA too, of course! :D Thus far, all they've been doing is beating the crap out of Division I-AA schools and a very crappy Stanford team this year. Diamondbacks lost... Coyotes losing... yes, it sucks right now!

Anyway, definitely catch up with us when you come back out to AZ and we'll hook up for at least a ride. And who knows... as crappy as this economy is... I might just have to accept a job offer in Oregon after I graduate this December!...

mason

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was a Sundevil. Even though I graduated from ASU I still like to watch UofA and I cheer for them except when they play ASU. I glad they beat the Beavs. Oh yeah, dont come to Oregon without a job. We have the highest unemployment rate in the country!!!!:shake

·
Raving Lunatic
2,963 Posts
Another local rider checking in. Still not on a sportbike, but the funding will be there eventually. In the meantime, I'll just keep playing in the dirt. ;)

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts

talk about reviving a thread!! i'll be moving to AZ in late march! hope to meet some of you guys out there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
'Nother Arizona rider here, North Phoenix.

Just got back from riding to Tucson with Totenkinder. Boring ride, but I needed to put some miles on my bike, and my sister lives down there. Got pelted by lots of bugs since we got all that rain.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts