Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A**hole
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I told y'all my wife was having a baby shower yesterday afternoon. It's finally over (just kidding; it only lasted 4.5 hours). My reaction to it is mixed and so is my wife's.

As stated before, I'm having a daughter (Isabella Claire) and absolutely HATE the color pink. EVERY gift was pink. Even my best friend of almost 20 years brought pink although I know he did it as a joke because he gave me the receipt later. So, on the surface of things, the gifts sucked because of the horrible color. Anyway, my friend and I stayed in my bedroom playing Madden 2003 on my PS2 while his wife participated in the baby shower and his kids played with the other kids. We played four games and it's a tie 2-2 which sucks because last time I beat him in 6 or 7 games straight.

My wife's friend was supposed to put on the shower. Unfortunately, her best efforts were not put forth on this endeavor. She showed up late, left all of the games, didn't bring food or drink, and her gifts were unwrapped with the receipt still in the bag (as if they had just been purchased). I feel bad for my wife because she had to throw her own baby shower here at our house. Next month her older sister is throwing a baby shower for her up in our hometown (Niles, Michigan) where the rest of our families live (mine and hers). I know that one will be done right.

Hate to rant but, thanks for listening.

·
Tatters in the Tree House
4,796 Posts
Sorry to hear the baby shower didn't go as well as you both would have hoped. That sucks but at least she gets a second chance at a good one. By the way when is your wife due to have the baby?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts