Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, long time no see! After two years next week without a bike I'm getting back on two wheels. I'm heading up to Raton on Monday to pick up my black and silver 2008 cbr1000rr. I cannot wait! Anyone up for a group ride soon?

-Alex

·
Registered
466 Posts
Say hi to Blane for me. Wondering what happened to you. You disappeared from the forums.:clap

Now CBR will have someone to show him how to ride the RR.:nanana

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll see about that.... I can count the number of times I've been on a sportbike during the last two years on two hands. :rant

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh they did.... :rant That's not the half of it. We're at about 26 hours from my new bike now! Woooooohoooo

·
Registered
466 Posts
Pickup up bike in Raton.
US 64 to Taos.
US 64 to TP then TA.
US 85 to Abquie lake then the road to Cuba.
US 550 to Bernallio then to the house.
Doing the 600 mile service on Tuesday --- Priceless.:crackup :clap

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That actually was the planned route, but the weather is calling for rain. I'm not chancing it, she will be riding in the bed of my truck down I25. Will be leaving abq in about 6 hours, gonna try to get some sleep now (yeah right!).

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was a weeee bit too busy tonight to upload any. I absolutely freaking love this thing. Handles amazing, and has all together more power than any bike rightfully should have. I'm having a blast on this bike. I just about got rid of my chicken strips tonight, but with only 42 miles on her I figured I don't need to be in a total rush. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still having entirely too much fun on this thing to even take some decent photos and upload them. I cannot believe how well this thing handles. I keep thinking I'm coming into corners good and fast, and when I think about turning it falls in and requires about 1/2 lean to get around. I can't wait to get out of town and into some twisites with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts