Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Erik Buell has announced that the factory team rumored for FX is not going to happen. A long search for sponsors has come up empty handed. Erik stated that he believed having the Daytona 200 as an FX race would bring the sponsors in, but he has found no interest from potential funding sources, and so has given up trying to put together a team for '05. Harley, the mother company, will not foot the whole bill. I see this as a tragedy. I also see it as worrisome for other teams and car and motorcycle racing in general. Even F1 is running out of sponsors.

·
Moto Junkie
2,450 Posts
Sad that he can't get Harley to sponsor it...just goes to show the level of commitment that Harley has to the line. What a shame.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is sad. I was looking forward to seeing the Buells run well at Daytona this year. I'll still be there.

·
Moto Junkie
2,450 Posts
AV8OR said:
maybe if the racing was fun to watch i wouldnt have a prob with it......glad it gives you money though
Didn't say I was a fan :nanana

Actually I've never really been a fan of circle track racing. However...you have to give the drivers and guys that build the cars some respect. Having driven one of the cars before it's unbelievable what they build, and even though the round track isn't my favorite form of racing...some of the drivers are very talented on a road course and also drive in other smaller series. The cars are truly unbelievable to drive, and I wasn't even in a full spec WC car.

NASCAR has it's place. I also wish MC racing got more attention and I believe that it will. MJ's involvment in AMA and MotoGP coming to the US are a good start. Give it some time...it will eventually get the attention it deserves. I can honestly say that there's alot of respect from WC drivers who also ride for the guys who get out there and race Motorcycles.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hal's Performance Cycles has announced they will be at Daytona with a Buell and Mike Cicotto riding. However, this will be a shoestring effort with no hope against the mighty Honda factory steamroller. When I think of what could have been had Harley opened its pockets.........but we'll never know now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts