Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that there are alot of people (not referring to the boards necessarily) but people take what one person says to be the law. Even though the person talking has no idea or even an idea of a certain situation? But they base their opinion on the truth that might cause the most drama or might side with an individual because it is the thing to do or will help their cause a little bit more.. I see this happen so much, and it really cracks me up. Just makes me :rolleyes

I look forward to the day that people can get the most information possible then make an "intelligent decision" It is just sad that so many people lack this quality. This has to do with voting as well. I see alot of people voting one way or another but yet doesnt know what the person even stands for..

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Like everywhere else there are followers and there are leaders. There are different reasons that push people into these roles and they vary. Most of your followers are looking for some sort of social acceptance & are very conscious of how other views them.
Therefore, in their quest to be accepted they will blindly follow/believe/pass on anything to get the approval of said person.

Its pretty easy to identify the followers and the leaders.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Like everywhere else there are followers and there are leaders. There are different reasons that push people into these roles and they vary. Most of your followers are looking for some sort of social acceptance & are very conscious of how other views them.
Therefore, in their quest to be accepted they will blindly follow/believe/pass on anything to get the approval of said person.

+1 Well said, Nico

·
Registered
577 Posts
I read something recently, I believe it was the subject matter of a book but its focus was that out of every 10 individuals, one will create/manage the opinions and ideals of the other 9. Its a frightening thought but in many ways an accurate one.

-Kate

·
book a show,i promise i wont crash
1,072 Posts
well i know this nico's new avitar is king:D o/t sorry

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hypnotiq said:

There is nothing wrong with being a follower, every leader needs one. Why should I come up with new ideas (i'm too fawking lazy anyhow) when i can just pick sides? If I'm on the losing side, I just keep my mouth shut lest I be shouted down.

examples of unpopular sides I've picked:
Kerry
Back in Black's feminism thread- I'm probably the only female that agreed with 20% of what he said.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
You missed the point of what was being discussed Angela. Also, note I said *most*. People should of learned by now that there are very few all encompassing statements that can be used that could apply to every individual.

There is nothing wrong with being a follower. It's impossible for everyone to be a leader. However, a lot of your followers have the innate ability to not think for themselves. It's those followers that are usually the ones that lack self-confidence/self esteem and are looking for social acceptance. They are the ones that regergetate the same bullshit that they "heard" somewhere else or the person they are following. It's these people that scare me b/c they lack the self confidence to follow and have their own opinion about things. Like I said...not everyone can be leaders. The problem lies within still being able to have your own opinion.

I was simply addressing the types of people that Travis was venting about.

Also, its a bit of a stretch to say that Kerry was unpopular around here. :rolleyes

Nico

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
You missed the point of what was being discussed Angela. Also, note I said *most*. People should of learned by now that there are very few all encompassing statements that can be used that could apply to every individual.
“Alot” of people use “many” so they can’t be backed into a corner for saying “all,” saying all would require only one exception to the rule for their argument to fall to pieces…especially when they are “not referring to people on the boards necessarily” because they "don't mean to offend."
Hypnotiq said:There is nothing wrong with being a follower. It's impossible for everyone to be a leader. However, a lot of your followers have the innate ability to not think for themselves. It's those followers that are usually the ones that lack self-confidence/self esteem and are looking for social acceptance. They are the ones that regergetate the same bullshit that they "heard" somewhere else or the person they are following. It's these people that scare me b/c they lack the self confidence to follow and have their own opinion about things. Like I said...not everyone can be leaders. The problem lies within still being able to have your own opinion.
Yes…agreed…
Hypnotiq said:I was simply addressing the types of people that Travis was venting about.
So was I, but I quoted you- not to intentionally address you, but sometimes I feel like I’m walking on eggshells here, since I have differing opinions on the types of people being vented about. Thanks for being my buffer..;)

Hypnotiq said:
Also, its a bit of a stretch to say that Kerry was unpopular around here. :rolleyes
He lost…I meant to say less popular....I’ll be more precise with my words next time..

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
I speak the first thing that comes to mind and is as truthful as I know it.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
bijou said:
“Alot” of people use “many” so they can’t be backed into a corner for saying “all,” saying all would require only one exception to the rule for their argument to fall to pieces…especially when they are “not referring to people on the boards necessarily” because they "don't mean to offend."

Their is an exception to just about every rule Angela. I use many b/c what I said about followers does not apply to everyone. I was identifying and talking about ONE group of followers. Not ALL groups. I could don't care who is offended by what I have to say. It's my opinion. They don't like they don't have to listen.

bijou said:
He lost…I meant to say less popular....I’ll be more precise with my words next time.. [/B]
Actually that one doesn't work here either. ;) The # of people Pro Kerry were larger than those that were for Bush.

Drinky-Crow said:
Yah know, I know some 'follower' types that I think are exactly the ones being talked about.

Story...

She can't seem to apply rational logic, instead she's persuaded by personality; if she likes someone enough, she'll believe any looney thing they spout.
Exactly...I know exactly what you're talking about. It's also not uncommon for this type to "adopt" something they've heard somewhere and take credit for it when they regergetate it hopes to impress the leader/group they're following. I've seen this A LOT in automative/bike discussions.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I just don't get why you all get so worked up about this petty shizit. :rolleyes yes yes there are leaders and there are followers and there are liars and regurgitators and original thinkers etc blah blah blah
people, you're in a forum... a PUBLIC one... there will be a huge diversity of personalities chiming in simply because they CAN. I've come to value many opinions on this board and I've also learned which ones not to bother reading. You all do the same. Quit beating each other with sticks and hug DAMMIT!!! :redflip :D

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
No one is worked up here. Don't know what you've been reading. :confused

Jesus...you can't even have a discussion anymore without people thinking it's personal. It's a discussion forum and shit is being DISCUSSED.

We are simply discussing personality types...if you don't like it...don't read it :rolleyes

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
TLRMAN said:
I speak the first thing that comes to mind and is as truthful as I know it.
as long as were on this subject, r4l and i were in court yesterday, and some guy named "hussein" is called up to the bench, and chris blurts out "SADDAM!!" i almost died

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
wingzero said:
as long as were on this subject, r4l and i were in court yesterday, and some guy named "hussein" is called up to the bench, and chris blurts out "SADDAM!!" i almost died
holy cannoli! :eek

:lmao

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Wow...it took 12 hours before someone railroaded this conversation.

God forbid we remain on topic :rolleyes

·
Crazy like a fox...
5,755 Posts
Well I agree with you, Nico. I have been guilty myself, because I'm very trusting and generally I can tell if people are full of BS or not. Sometimes, I get that wrong, and I believe them anyway. I don't usually say "this is a fact" but I do say "I heard somewhere..." and usually ask to be corrected if I'm wrong. I think it has less to do with being a follower or leader, and more to do with being gullible. I have seen some very "leader" types jump on the bandwagon because they thought they were right...

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am ranting about situations I have recently encountered.. But I am not upset about it.. People are the way they are.. I am merely just trying to understand their reasoning about following another over a cliff because they didnt take the time to look down and realize what they were stumbling upon.

We all know these types and it is sad really.. I almost pity them.. But then I think and realize it is themselves that bring it upon em. (Being the wtf looks they prolly get all the time)

I am not referring to people that figure out both sides of a situation and then make a decision. IMO that is what an intelligent person would do before shooting their mouth off.

Although I think alot of times someone shoots their mouth off in contrary to the obvious truth just to be childish and somehow try to irritate the other because it makes their petty selves fill better in one way or another. Then they get the how old are you looks..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Nico: I was not even trying to argue your point, what-not...Every response to your post was aimed somewhere else, not at you....Was hoping you would catch the references...

I guess beating around the bush isn't helping me any..
let's just say that some people who are in WA shouldn't be there..
And some others should have been gently chided..

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
bijou said:
Nico: I was not even trying to argue your point, what-not...Every response to your post was aimed somewhere else, not at you....Was hoping you would catch the references...

I guess beating around the bush isn't helping me any..
let's just say that some people who are in WA shouldn't be there..
And some others should have been gently chided..
:rolleyes

The people that are not allowed in the NSR forum have no desire to be apart of this private community. And are removed because they only wish to cause drama which everyone 100% has backed. nuff said..

back on topic plz..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts