Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No 36 chambers here but I am currently fitting an CBR600 Race tail. Here are a few rough in shots. So far I have cut out the back to accept the rear subframing, Cut away the luggage bars on the frame, started cutting away the portions around the seat to allow the tail section to wrap around and jimmy rigged a little dealy to accept the tail light. I need to cut about 3 inches off the sides to all the tail to tuck under the seat and mesh with the tank. So far....so good :redflip

·
Registered
16 Posts
i KNEW you wanted a Honda

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
You are the fabricating MAN!

Barry

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...further cutting and the tail piece is actually almost done. Still need to smooth out the rough spots and cut out spots for the rear brake master cyclinder that pokes out of the right side and starter relay on the left. (tomorrow hopefully)

It's not going to look as well as I'd hoped. The tank line and rear cowl line DO NOT match. I have tried many configs. If I get them as close as possible it looks bad. If I try to just bolt it where it lies it looks bad but doesn't look like I tried to make it fit and failed. I may just throw it on and ride around..and fix it this winter when I have more patience. I wish it was ABS plastic. Then I could just bend the shit out of it and be done.:redcreep :bluecreep

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my goal was to fix/replace my broken factory tail section for as little money as possible. I bought the tail section off a friend who has had it hanging on his garage wall for over a year. $25 and a 30 mile drive out to BFE and it was mine. I am not making a showbike (or even close) but have a bike I think is unique.

I finished the tail (95%..just need to shave a wee more and paint the white areas) But the bike is 100% ridable. I still have to fashion a dual tailight since the F3 uses 2 to my bandit 1.

And Soulrider...I can't ride with you guys. You are too fast and I get scared.....I will be out soon brother....soon. :)

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And please take into account the bikeis covered in fiberglass dust. I barely wiped it down with my shirt sleeve.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
novasquid said:
i see a replay of the chain incident written all over this one. :redflip
Hahahahahaha

I have those links hanging on my wall to remind me I am an idiot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Scot said:
Well my goal was to fix/replace my broken factory tail section for as little money as possible. I bought the tail section off a friend who has had it hanging on his garage wall for over a year. $25 and a 30 mile drive out to BFE and it was mine. I am not making a showbike (or even close) but have a bike I think is unique.

I finished the tail (95%..just need to shave a wee more and paint the white areas) But the bike is 100% ridable. I still have to fashion a dual tailight since the F3 uses 2 to my bandit 1.

And Soulrider...I can't ride with you guys. You are too fast and I get scared.....I will be out soon brother....soon. :)

Maybe it's me but don't you think it's kind of funny that there is 2 boxes right over the bike that quote says"Oil Burner". Just thought it was funny and not to put ya bike down man.:redflip :laughing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts