Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you remember about your initial training? (Basic training, boot camp, what ever you want to call it)

Being warned by the TI's that they hate PA's. (Profiency Advancee's. 2years or more of AFJROTC meant I can get out of Basic in 12days.

TI and his assistant getting into an arguement outside the barrack and hearing the TI say "Count the bumps, son!". The Arguement ended after that.

One guy coming into the shower with a Woody. :eek:

Having to catch 3 people that passed out because they locked their kness in formation. :(

One guy kept messing up so infront of everyone the TI told him, "You've got one foot out the door and the other foot on a banana peel, son!". About an hour later I pissed everyone off because I told them they needto think before they do anything. :eek: After 4 people got bold/ticked and threatened to report me I said For what? You guys think that I would be bothered if I had to stay here the full 6 weeks? I had an ROTC instructor that was a TI for 9 years. I feel like I'm back in HS school again. Listen here guys. Some of the stuff that we have been doing like making our beds and folding our clothes are what we do at home but just stepped up a little bit. This is only a mind game. The military wants/needs people that can perform and especially under pressure. If you let the yelling get to you, you will likely make a mistake. Yes you have to move faster but don't move too fast that you loose your efficiency and accuracy in what you do. I'm telling you guys, just think before you act." And with that said, I didn't see anyone get recycled, but I was only there for another 8-9 days.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
My fondest memory would be repeatedly hearing "Get on my quarterdeck....get the eff on my quarterdeck RIGHT NOW.....push until I get tired of watching you!" :laughing

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JumpmasterRT said:
I have to many to list that ya'll would want to read. LOL
Now its mandatory that you fess up!!!

·
Analyzer Stabilizer
131 Posts
I am not the best when it comes to marksmanship. Heck, I'm no where near being good. I guess my missery started when we were introduced to the weaponeer. I just finished my first shot and my Drill Sergeant just finished telling us not to move our cheek from the butt stock or else our sight picture will change. Well he said something else that I did not catch so stupid me raised my head to look at him. Next think I felt was a slap on the back of my kevlar for taking my cheek off the butt stock. :mad:

Fast forward a couple of weeks to the all important weapons qualification. The same DI was behind me watching me fire. :eek: Everytime I miss I would hear him curse loudly behind me making me more nervous. Needless to say I failed the first time around. Luckily I was able to make it the second time.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Ok.... So here I am in Fort Lost in the woods Missouri. Nothing to do out there. It's February 1990. I had left my wall locker key IN my lock, so when we got back to the barracks..... I caught HELL.

We had this room in the barracks called the "smoking" Room. It's where the DI's took us to "smoke" us. So anyway.... I'm in there pushing the floor to China and I pass out..... the DI's call some guys to get me, put some water on my face, and bring me back. Well all "sobered" up and ready to go, I scream "THE MUSCLES WE BUILD TODAY MAY SOMEDAY KILL THE ENEMY!!" I did about 20 more push ups before the DI's let me go. I think they were laughing to hard. (everyone else was). I don't remember yelling that, but it's too funny.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
There was this guy named Neibryzidowski (sp) (pronounced knee-bri-zi-dow-ski) who got picked on a lot during basic. At the end, the DI's had us doubled up on fireguard so that one would be on duty, the other would be in the latrine practicing for the EOC (end of cycle) test. It was OPTIONAL, yet he (ski) didn't think it should be. He came and woke me up, I told him that I wanted to sleep, but he kept trying to get me up. Eventually, he flipped me off my bunk and I landed on my feet, ran around my bunk and beat the SHIT out of him. He ran IN to the DI's office which got him into MORE trouble (the DI heard the whole thing and sided with me). The DI heard me laughing and told me to shut the hell up or I'd be cleaning up the blood too. I still tell that story to this day.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well, one night I was pulling dorm guard with another airman, and we heard someone talking in the bay. So we went to see what was going on when we saw one of our Squad leaders talking in his sleep. About 10 seconds after we got there, he springs strait up in bed and Yells "Quit talking and start reading your manuals", then he lays back down and goes right back to sleep. He woke up damn near the whole bay and me and the other guy were just laughing our asses off.

2. We had a guy who got recycled into our flight. He was from Hatie(sp). First off, you all know about the bathrooms in most overseas places that we call the bomb dump. The holes in the ground. Well, one goes into the bathroom to take a dump, and when he opens the door he sees the Hatian guy standing on the toilet seat squating down taking a dump. He screams out, "what the [email protected]#k are you doing", and the hatian guys replies *in a hatian accent* "what, this is how we shit in Hatie." By that time some of us ran into the bathroom to see what was going on and we just fell to floor laughing our asses off when we saw him standing on the toilet seat.

·
1,480 Posts
Shit, I don't remember half of it.

Looking for someones brain.

Hitting the rack every night looking at a photocopy of the base CO on the rack above us.

The girl having to go around in front of the CC's office and yell "peak-a-boo".

The dude getting his peice taken from him, only to find peices of it for the next week all over base.

Middle of the night making all of our racks outside, then putting them back, 1 piece at a time (pillow, pillow cushion, sheet, sheet, etc.).

The ass chewing I got when a CC saw a rip in my pants, after just getting back from the chapel.

Lots of stuff.

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I have many...but towards the end ..not the myrtle beach trip (yes I got to go to the beach in basic , and stayed at a hotel, and got drunk, and the army paid for it)

at the grenade range...getting ready to go throw I hand the 2 cupped into the vest. I looked at my DI and started twitching..."hey DS you dont get nervous much giving guys like me these live grenades out there" He says "nope" and smacks the holy shit out of my hands tring to knock them out.......needless to say the twitch went away!

·
Registered
767 Posts
"8-count body builders! Begin!"

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
So many things happened at Parris Island:D The D.I.'s loved to torture us and play games, they said they had more games than Milton Bradley:D Every morning before chow, we had to clean the squad bay. We had to pull all the racks to one side of the squad bay and with about 10 recruits shoulder to shoulder and in line, run up and down the squad bay using damp green towels to scrub the deck. One morning, I was the one moving the racks to the side before the other recruits were doing the deck. After we moved the racks, we had to stand at attention next to the racks before moving them to the other side (what the D.I. said happened during swim qual week:D ) I was standing at attention next to the window(porthole for you Marine folks) when an ambulance rolled by, lights and sirenes. The D.I. ran up next to me and said with a rude/uncompationate/nasty tone "Good...another one of you nasties drowned in the pool!" It was funny as shit, but very cold the way he said it, I almost started to laughing, but caught myself:laughing You had to be there, in Marine boot camp, to get the full atmosphere:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I know that I am in the Air Force, but I did graduate from the CItadel. Yes I had 9 months of basic training if you will. My fondest memory of my knob year was during Hell Week. I was in Echo company and our company had a long tradition of being the best drilled company in the Corps. The award we had won for this tradition was the Gold Bar. Well, one day during Hell Week we were on a PT run and the Cadre started Gold Bar Echo in cadence. I couldn't understand what they were saying. That night as we (The Knobs) lined up for showers, the meanest Cadre Sergeant asked us if we new what Echo's nickname was. I thought I'd take the initiative and answer up.
"Sir, this cadet private knows, Sir"
"What is it Freak!?!"
"Sir, Snowball Echo, Sir"

How I got snowball from goldbar earlier that day, I don't know.
And I wasn't even close. The correct answer was Stalag Echo.
Lets just say I ended up with 20 upperclassmen around me and 2 extra hours of "personal PT"

Man I miss those days, but I'd never do it again.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
Being on guard duty on the 3rd floor when some fuck tried to go AWOL from the 2nd floor...he jumped out the window, landed on the sidewalk, breaking both his legs... I was looking out the window at him when a pitch black face (drill sgt) appeared out of the window to my right and whispered "hey private, that's not how you go airborne, roger? Do you want to serve with worthless fucks like that Private?" I whispered back "No, Sergeant, I think he's a piece of shit coward, Sergeant" SFC Gault's reply, was "Damn right" The weird part was whispering to a Drill Sergeant... didn't know what to do but play along and hope for the best :confused

After chow formation.... There was a drill in front of 1st PLT (I was in 3rd) that I didn't see...people we talking quietly so when I saw our Plt Sgt come out side i yelled "AT EEAAASSSE!" like a dick... :rolleyes Needless to say, that was good for about 2 hrs of PT at the end of the day :laughing

This guy at the rifle range screamed out "SGT I CAN'T KILL ANYONE, I NEED TO GO HOME" :eek: That was fucked up...we ALL paid for that one :mad

During road marches all us with JumpSchool in our contracts got to do the "airborne shuffle" in the middle of the formation, and we were "lucky" enough to get to pass messages between the CO & 1SG at the front to my PSG all the way in the back....things like "SIR, air-assault is for pussies, SIR!" after which 20 pushups w/ruck were done.. then a message to my PSG that "Rangers are bitch-boys" to which 20 more pushups would be the message penalty... that shit sure made for some LONG fucking road marches, but it was sickly fun at the same time...made us all feel better about ourselvs and a step better than everyone else.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the AF....

I remember during the last week, we were right over the bay where the Rainbows came in. LMFAO. It was awesome knowing that we were about to leave, and they were just coming in.

Pick 'em up...sit 'em down. Pick 'em up...sit 'em down.
I hated that! LMAO

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hearing the TI say, "Tomorrow, you all will learn THE PAIN THING!". After that, everyone was all jittery and wondering what was up and what was going to happen. I couldn't help but chuckle because I knew he was talking about Dress Right Dress. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
We had at least one person jump out of a third story window while in basic, and another tried to slit their wrists. The first one happened before we'd been there 72 hours...hell, we hadn't even been issued uniforms yet. Talk about an idiot!

I actually had more fun in tech school, which was at Lackland, where the Air Force does all of it's basic training. As soon as we got to school, we went to clothing issue and bought every non-issue item we could find. We had small taps put on our corframs and jump boots (the DI's all have huge horseshoe shaped taps and make a hell of a lot of noise).

We'd be out walking somewhere, and we'd see a small group of basic trainees on their way back from the BX. We'd walk up behind them as quietly as possible, and they'd be swinging thier BX bags and chattering away like they were at the mall or something. We'd wait until we got about 20 feet behind them, and then we'd start to stomp. HA! You never saw people straighten up in such a hurry! They'd never know we weren't DI's until we walked past them; they sure as hell weren't going to turn around to look!

We also got one of the basic training Squadron Commanders pissed off at us. The house we used for our classrooms was right across the street from hin squadron. When we weren't at the range, we were in class, and we had to walk there in formation. When we arrived at the building, the flight leader would yell out "CATM flight HALT!" And we would respond with "CATM flight, cocktail hour, HUAH!" Needless to say, we got the old "bad influence, they look up to you, blah blah blah" speech. We still did it, but just not as loud.

We were a little on the wild side anyway; we met a couple of the instructors before school even started......we had this huge tower of empty six packs built on the table and they pretty much knew they had their hands full. What fun.....drink beer by night, full auto by day. Life sucks sometimes huh?:ar15

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
we had a guy who kept throwing him self down the staris could not handle the pressure. funny thing was he had an uncle who was there as a Ti. you would think the uncle would give him a heads up.

i hated basic coming for fayetteville, and seeing all the af trainees not doing stuff properly. i just did not like the whole do this untill no one was watching thing and then do what you are not supposed to do. that whole doig what is right even when no one is looking aint a aprt of basic.

what we had was little day thing where you go out shoot a guy camp for one night in a tent all that crap well we had to do a low crawl in a pit that had been rained on for two weeks straight it was 8 in of mud and 2 inches of water. i had to use my inert gernade and plant it in the mud and pull my self along becasue there was no moving. and at the end when you launch the gernade 20 ft to a target
well never thrown a gernade before i launched it good i thought.

when the Ti leans over and says good job airman yo9u just killed your self. he told me to come to attention so i did and he then pointed to my gernade that went 20 ft straigt into the air and landed on the exact oppiste side of the sandbag i was behind whoops:laughing

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cant wait till feb 2003 when I get to my duty station in fort sill and get to be "That drill SGT" they always talk about.
LOL
FRONT
BACK
GOOOO!!!!

THE PUSH UP!!!
:cigar

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
All through Basic Rifle Marksmanship we had guys that would get confused and shoot at targets that were in the lanes next to thiers. We had a "Hawkeye" award for anyone one who got 40 out of forty for qualification and one of the perks included riding back to the company area in the Post Commander's chopper not marching with the rest of the company. One of my platoon members scored a hawkeye having hit all forty targets, but when he cleared his weapon to get off of the range he still had 2 rounds left. :eek

Several guys in basic had Airborne training in thier contract, some of us signed up for it. My little crew (Bass, Grey, Duncan, Simmons and myself), all signed up for it. I really had no intention of going but did not want to back out, besides I knew I had an "angle." I had suffered a knee injury in college and was sure that there was no way I would get in. Well came the day of
our Airborne Physical and I was glad to finally be done with it. I had planned to bitch and moan to my buds about how badly I wanted to go to Jump School and how fucked up it was that I did not get to go. Oh I ws gonna be full of drama. Truth is I was terrified of heights.

I go in to see the Doc, he takes blood pressure, pulse, reflexes at the knee, asks a few questions. I was like "WTF? Doc, you see my knee?"

He looked at it, felt around the cap, flexed it a couple of time and said, "Damn, they did good work." Right there he stamped my records, "Physically Qualified for Airborne Training."

Taught me to never again volunteer for anything I did not really want to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts