Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics of the begining of my sportbike life! This is where the original NJ crew was getting together. My 9R...oh how I luved ye, Trixi!

Here's the lot where we met up. 1st time we invaded Tony Brothers Pizza!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
silverrr (Christian) led this ride. (right in red)
Thumps (Doug) was also on this ride on the SV650S, one of the few S's out there, '01 no S in the USA, he brought it over from Canada!

My ill fated 9R is 2nd from the left, followed by Willy's 6R, pwang's 9R (pre-captain caveman restyle), and FalcoGuy's F4. Don't know who the rest were, can't remember.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up on Seven Lakes, one of the tougher turns, a newbie crashes! On a permit, riding his brother's bike (no, we didn't know, he just kinda hooked up with someone on their way up)...TRASHED!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone still got the "see-thru case cover" pic? I think Doug was the one that did the work.

Anywho, here is the shot taken at the turn. pwang and his 9R!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So we left Greg there on the side of the road with a busted GS500 and broken collar bone...

...ok, we didn't leave him, two stayed and waited for a tow truck.

Here's a pic from the top of the mountain, taken by some cruizer riding volunteer. Very nice guy.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that's it for my first ride with the 9R! I picked it up on Friday and this was a Saturday morning ride. Yea, I told them to take it easy cuz I was still breaking her in...so we did a buck plus on Rt.287! :redflip Bastids! Ah, the memories!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gladiator said:
sounds like you loved that bike, why not get another 9R??
I love the looks, I love the power, I love the sound...but I hated the handling. I could NEVER get the rear end tuned right w/o having to spend a lot of $$ on a Penske shock. I've thought about getting another one, like I always say, if I'm gonna get another inline-4, it'll be a Kawi!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great pics, really brings back some memories.

That kid who crashed had balls of fuggin' steel! He was laughing and joking thru the whole ordeal.:redflip

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pwang said:
That kid who crashed had balls of fuggin' steel! He was laughing and joking thru the whole ordeal.:redflip
And so he should...he wuz damn lucky he didn't end up hitting that boulder his bike hit! Else he probably would've ended up with more than just a borken colar bone...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts