Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I am not sure my pics are going to do any better. There is a house behind the Sheetz in Ruckersville (off 29) that puts the Griswolds to shame. It is really something to behold. They even let people drive thru\park in their yard to check it out. Hope these pics do it some justice!!

Griswolds 1

Griswolds 2

Merry Christmas!!

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
looks like a pretty over the top display but you can't really tell from the pics. too dark :D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I wish I did not have such a suck ass camera. It is really something that needs to be seen in person...........it made me go WTF and I am kinda jaded. The look on my little ones face spoke volumes about it also!!

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
tried to adjust them a little but your camera just didn't pick up the dark stuff

(edit: looks like I went a little too far on that one :D )

Attachments

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
and the other

Attachments

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
HooliKen said:
The look on my little ones face spoke volumes about it also!!
And that's all that matters. :D

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
"Merry Christmas.....shitter's full". hahaha...i luv the Griswolds.

I'll have to check that place out on my way to Front Royal the next few days.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
but hey....I bet those folks can't jump a bridge on their XR650 at 80+.... lol

local radio station around here has a Griswald watch...where the tackiest lights wins a great prize... come to think of it, heard nothing about it this year, but usually we'd get some over the top displays in town..

B.

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Going to Barry's the other night, we saw two houses that were competing. Both had that one beat. The houses were set back about 80yds from the road, so they had plenty of lawn to fill and work with. It was so bright, I had to squint as we drove by. It actually hurt after driving in the dark and coming around a corner into that light.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ken next time your that close to my house call YO!
Dood I actually thought about it........but I was leary of unleashing my 7 y/o who I had pumped full of Slurpees all day on an unsuspecting friend... :D

Todd I wish my camera could of truly captured this place. It is not that simply that there are many lights. You can tell that these people put mucho effort into this. They have stuff hanging 30 ft from trees, 4 nativity scenes etc. etc. Da childrens love it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts