Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to sportbikes and it is about time for some brake pads. What is a good brand for street use and where can I find them?:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Honda HRC pads are great as well.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
PSUCJ said:
Honda HRC pads are great as well.
I agree that's what I'm going to the second the OEM wear out

·
Moderator,
8,057 Posts
For the most part , OEM pads are hard to beat but EBC HH's are pretty much the *in* pad now . I have em in my 900RR calipers on the Hawk but don't really like em until they've got quite a bit of heat in em - after that , they do rock . The best brakes of any bike I've ridden recently were SBS pads in R1 calipers on dual Hawk rotors : VERY VERY strong , even from dead cold . I used SBS pads many years ago exclusively , but jumped on the EBC wagon as they were cheaper , didn't squeal and weren't as dusty but alledgedly the new SBS stuff is better about such things .
I have Brembo pads on my Skorpion and BMW and they're pretty awful in terms of feel , its amazing Brembos have such a good rep. with the crappy OEM pads they produce !

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used DP Sport HH+, and the DP Racing pads. The Racing one took some time to get use to they are very grabby when they are hot.

·
Registered
163 Posts
JoeyZ said:
EBC "HH" Sintered

Great shit.
DITTO!!! Just DO NOT use them on the rear, front only. Use stock on the rear. (will lock up everytime)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I personally use Vesrah.(track) Awesome IMO. For everyday street riding though, anything will do.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Ebc hh are popular but suck compared to dphh+
I was in the buisness(parts manager) for a few years and had freebies sent to me.(ferodo,ebc,ebc "kit" pads,dp,performance friction,braking)and the dp"s were the best by far.

·
Registered
361 Posts
try the DPs and EBC hhs and see what you like. change your lines out before you try them with ss.I have used both and like them both.if you race....ebc pays and SP doesn't:cigar

·
Registered
41 Posts
I second the Vesrah pads, I use them for racing and street riding. I find they don't last quite as long as oem, but the bite is better.

·
Wannabe Poser
4,235 Posts
My bike stops pretty good as is and I'd rather change pads often than rotors. If I want extra braking I'll go with steel lines.
Will the pads mentioned here chew rotors a lot faster than stock pads?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would stick with stock pads or EBC GG pads. There added benifit of the HH pads...less fade when braking 100% from high speeds.. will not be seen on the street, and the longer heat up time might cause safety problems

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hmm, I have heard to many stories about the backplates of EBC pads warping to ever use them.

From my limited research...Performance Friction and HRC pads seem to be the best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts