Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to a couple of guys up at lees performance, and they say ti-force or m4 is awesome for my bike...what do you think?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Get the M4. I just bought mine and love everything about it.
(High Sport)

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
in a sport rider test in 99 Hindle, Muzzy, Akrapovic, and M4 all made the most power, with the hindle, akra and muzzy(full Ti) were the lightest.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
gixxerman03 said:
i like yoshi for suzuki it gives gobbs of bottom end
what do you base that claim on?

exhaust systems for bikes with exhaust valves actually hurt low end performance for a gain on top.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Akilldema
I own my own service and performance shop specializing in the Big 4 sportbikes. We also have our own Dyno (250i with fuel / air monitor and load control) and we naturally have installed truckloads of header systems, jet kits, and Power Commanders. All this stuff helps, but they 'never' even come close to the advertised claims and promises so easily passed along by vendors. I often hear of 10, 15, and even 20 HP gains. What a laugh, except it's not quite so funny for the customer when he reads his own Dyno report showing very little gain. Even in more 'believable' instances, gains of 5 or 10 hp are actually the result of 'all' the improvements made at the same time. Getting the valve clearances correct, new plugs, cleaning the air filter, etc, may well have accounted for most of the increase, but the header, jet kit, timing advancer, etc, always get the credit.
Don't get me wrong, headers are great. Whenever I bring a new bike home to my garage, there's a brand new header already waiting. It's all about a better sound and look, so don't get all hung up attempting to find out which one works best. It's actually more important to get one that actually fits without slamming into the oil filter, frame, oil pan, side or centerstand. There's also a huge difference in the build quality of the various systems. Generally speaking, the dedicated header folks do a better job than brands like Muzzy or Yoshimura that are involved in many other things (distractions). So compare them physically and listen to them for yourself. Of course, the best headers are, naturally, the most expensive.

·
Registered
932 Posts
karl_1052 said:
what do you base that claim on?

exhaust systems for bikes with exhaust valves actually hurt low end performance for a gain on top.
Um, actually that statement is bullshit. You should say "most" instead. I had a CBR929RR, I dropped the stock exhaust, and got rid of the exhaust valve, HTEV I believe it was called. I mounted a Full Hindle system with a Ti end can. I gained power everywhere through the range. At no point was the stock system more powerful than the Hindle. Yes, I had it mapped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts