Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Those Cannondales are looking pretty sweet.
But for the $$$...I'm gonna have to say the Banshee. If'n(AaUuuGaaa:laughing) your set on a four-stroke, I'd say the 400EX or the Raptor. Those Cannon's are damn expensive!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Nope! Best bang for the buck is the new Suzuki Quadsport Z400. The engine is from the DRZ400.

You get a 4-stroke 400cc Engine with DOHC, 4-Valves, Liquid Cooling, 5 speed, Reverse, and Electric start for $5,699. Kawi has the same ATV and they call it the KFX (comes in green only).

Suzuki Quadsport Z400

Yamaha Banshee comes with a very fast 2-stroke 2-cyl 350cc, but no electric start and no reverse. Retails for $5,999.

The Honda 400EX has air cooling instead of liquid cooling, electric start and no reverse. Retails for $5,699.

The Yamaha Raptor is also very nice with similar configuration as the Suzuki Quadsport Z400 except it comes with a very strong 660cc engine. But it requires a little more cash out of your pocket retailing at $6,499.

The Cannondale 440 ATV line carries a hefty price and depending on which model, you might even be paying more than the Raptor. They come equipped with a 432cc engine and similar configuration as the Z400 but no reverse. They did, however, throw in fuel injection. :)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
If you have the cash get a Raptor, the Zuke as with all Zuke products has zero reliability

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yup, the Cannondale's are a bit more expensive HOWEVER, consider the following:

Even the base model has a Fox shock.

All are electric start.

Take a step up, and you get ohlins all the way around.

Galfer Stainless Lines Are standard.

More HP and torque, and better response than a raptor 600 (from a 440cc mind you)

Can re-map fuel injection to your liking.

ITB rims standard, and holeshot tires.

Way, way lighter than anything else out there....

3rd gear wheelies!

OK, I'm shutting up now.:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Snowman said:
If you have the cash get a Raptor, the Zuke as with all Zuke products has zero reliability
That's true for their street bikes but on the dirt, they fair very well.

The question here was best bang for the buck. If the sky is the limit, then go for the Cannondale. Personally, I prefer an ATV with reverse which the Cannon doesn't have. Snowman, you know why. So yes, if you have the extra cash, go for the Raptor. :D :D

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
EZDozzit said:
That's true for their street bikes but on the dirt, they fair very well.

The question here was best bang for the buck. If the sky is the limit, then go for the Cannondale. Personally, I prefer an ATV with reverse which the Cannon doesn't have. Snowman, you know why. So yes, if you have the extra cash, go for the Raptor. :D :D
Yea but keep in mind that this is a new product for them if we were talking dirt bikes then I would agree. That DZ you had was bad ass no doubt I would purchase one if in the market for a dirtbike. I also agree reverse is FANTASTIC, like EZ said we have used it a thousand times and it's a god send sometimes when your in the trail or your stuck in the mud up to your gas tank.:cool:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well if your too small/weak/old to kick start a bike or push/pull it backwards, then yeah, I guess the zuke quad is for you.:twofinger

Gimme great gobs of power, in a lightweight package. I don't want no stinkin' reverse gear or electric starter....that's the making of a "wife's bike":twofinger

·
Registered
778 Posts
cappy said:
Well if your too small/weak/old to kick start a bike or push/pull it backwards, then yeah, I guess the zuke quad is for you.:twofinger

Gimme great gobs of power, in a lightweight package. I don't want no stinkin' reverse gear or electric starter....that's the making of a "wife's bike":twofinger
Obviously you've never had a 400 lb. ATV (Banshee) buried head first in mud almost all the way up to the rear tires. Try kick starting it then or pulling it back out...provided you can find solid ground to stand on. :twofinger If you're just riding dry trails, then not an issue but that gets boring fast.

BTW, if you want lightweight, try a Yamaha Blaster then. :laughing

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
EZDozzit said:
Obviously you've never had a 400 lb. ATV (Banshee) buried head first in mud almost all the way up to the rear tires. Try kick starting it then or pulling it back out...provided you can find solid ground to stand on. :twofinger If you're just riding dry trails, then not an issue but that gets boring fast.

BTW, if you want lightweight, try a Yamaha Blaster then. :laughing
I agree completely with EZ we have riden together and have buried our Quads up to the gas tank and if it wern't for reverse and the ability to leave it in reverse while we pull on the wheelie bar you would be there all day long. I even have to say that even on dry trails when you get to the end and now you can't turn around because the trail has closed in on you or your in the woods and the only way to get it out is to back it up REVERSE RULZZZZZZZZZZ.:redflip

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well, if your gettin in mud and woods like that, you'd be better off with something like a Polaris Sportsman 4X4...With a Warn Winch.

True, a Blaster is lightweight, but so is the Breeze. I said I want great gobs of POWER damnit!:laughing

For the record, I have gotten an ATC stuck in deep mud. I saw a dry pond, and the surface was all cracked, so I though it was dry and I could ride across...WRONG!....I went through in 2nd gear and almost got tossed over the handle bars. I put it in first and spun the rear as I pushed it forward. When I first started pushing, the suction from the mud pulled my shoes off! So I had to throw them to shore and continue drudgging through the mud. I made it out though.
I don't see how you could put it in reverse and pull on the wheelie bar at the same time...how do you give it gas? :confused

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
On the Yamaha Warriors you can put it in reverse let the clutch out and it will stay running. This lets you get behind it and pull but be careful it can run you over.

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Snowman said:
This lets you get behind it and pull but be careful it can run you over.
:laughing :laughing :laughing

I can picture you staggering to the ER and having to tell the Doc what happened. "I ran over myself."

I am going to Florida for xmas. I was gonna tow the bikes down so we could ride, but since there are no curves, maybe I'll bring the ATV's down instead and play in the mud.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
GoGo Gadget said:

I can picture you staggering to the ER and having to tell the Doc what happened. "I ran over myself."

I am going to Florida for xmas. I was gonna tow the bikes down so we could ride, but since there are no curves, maybe I'll bring the ATV's down instead and play in the mud.
You can do that just go to MAC's fish camp if your in the Miami / Pines area.

·
Registered
778 Posts
GoGo Gadget said:
...I am going to Florida for xmas. I was gonna tow the bikes down so we could ride, but since there are no curves, maybe I'll bring the ATV's down instead and play in the mud.
There aren't too many twisties in So. Florida but it's great weather year round for riding. The bikes don't have to hibernate during the winter. So there are pros and cons. Here's an air shot of Snake Road during a concert. Typically there's very little traffic. The local riders like to hit it on Sunday mornings. There's also a track down in Homestead but I've heard good things and bad things about it. Snowman, care to share your experiences riding the track??? :twofinger

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Yea the track is cool the down side is the popo and the blind corners. I lowsided there with the RC and others have totaled their bikes. So it's good and bad.:redcreep :redcreep

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
EZDozzit said:
There aren't too many twisties in So. Florida but it's great weather year round for riding. The bikes don't have to hibernate during the winter. So there are pros and cons. Here's an air shot of Snake Road during a concert. Typically there's very little traffic. The local riders like to hit it on Sunday mornings. There's also a track down in Homestead but I've heard good things and bad things about it. Snowman, care to share your experiences riding the track??? :twofinger
My experience with the track involved a helicopter and several cop cars :angel1 :redflip

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
nags said:
My experience with the track involved a helicopter and several cop cars :angel1 :redflip
Still the same:bluecreep

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
nags said:
You're avatar is scaring me. Everytime I see it I get out of my chair and run! :laughing :redflip
Yea it's like Stunta repellent :redflip :mad: :redflip :laughing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts