Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post this warning in hopes that nobody else would get screwed by these guys like I have been.
I have to say, my wife and I are thoroughly disgusted by how we were treated by this company. Not only by the workers there, but also the owner, Brad Peterson. The company's website is www.ozcyclesalvage.com and they are located in Ottawa, KS.

Here's how my little story went:
February 12th, the week after I picked up my salvaged bike. I emailed OZ along with emails sent to about 20 other salvage yards, looking for replacement parts for my FZ1. Out of all the places, OZ was the only one that "said" they had the parts I needed (later I found out this wasn't totally true). The next day after getting the email, I got the go ahead to order two parts from them, a left handlebar switch assy and the handlebars. I only ordered these two parts because the other prices they quoted me were ridiculous... $234 for a front fairing??? I can get a new one for $125. Anyway, the guy that took my credit card over the phone said that they had two FZ1's in their yard to pull parts off of and that I would see the parts in no later than 7-9 days.
Following Wednesday I decide I'm going to order the gauges from them as well since I couldn't find a better price anywhere else and OZ promised they had them ready to ship out. I call, asked them to add the gauges to the order. They say ok, and that they'll pull the parts and ship them out that week or the next.
I'm thinking "cool, I can wait two weeks for those parts. no prob".
Two weeks later, we're now almost into March. I'm wondering where my parts are and my wife volunteers to get to the bottom of this. She calls and is treated very rudely (they weren't very cordial with me either) and the not so bright guy that answers the phone says "I don't see your paperwork so they must be pulling or shipping them. Call back in two days". Wow, what a nice response, wonderful customer service...not. Anyway, two days later she calls back. The "bright" guy answers again and makes excuses about how busy they are and they have "100" orders to fill and one guys out sick. I think so what. He's like "we'll get it shipped today for you though". Okay, neat.
She calls back the next day to get a tracking number.......not only is there no tracking number but now in actually getting around to pulling the parts, the gauges were damaged on the bottom. great. She asks, "what about the second bike you said you had?" He proceeds to give her some bs about how "it was too nice to part out they decided, they're going to fix it and sell the whole thing". I'm thinkig they probably used the parts from the second bike to fix the other one. Shouldn't be a problem for me except that they guaranteed 4 weeks ago that they had what I needed and thus the reason I ordered from them.
Now the guy is making some bs about he'll put a parts locator search out for them and have them in a week. All he's doing at this point is giving me bs to string me along. And I fall for it.
My wife calls the following week (two weeks ago) to find out when we'd see the gauges and the other parts that they "had in stock". He said they found the gauges and they'd be there before the end of the week and they'd ship everything together. End of week, wife calls, never really found gauges, nothing shipped. She's mad and asks to talk to the owner. One would think the owner would want to ensure the happiness of his paying customer......NOT! The owner was even more rude than his help and talked down to my wife (not a good idea, she's not one you want to piss off). She tells them they'd better ship the parts they do have, handlebars and switch, and that they better get the gauges soon. After another week of hassling and back and forth they finally ship the switch and provide a tracking number. Then we find out that they didn't really have the handlebars in stock. "well (the owner says), I'll do you this favor and order them from the dealer and eat the difference". I'm okay with this as long as I get the bars.
Now we're up to yesterday.....I get the package with the handlebars, open it up and see the $14 bikemaster handlebars in the package.......if this had been a cartoon, my head would have exploded. At this point I'm totally insulted. He lied, telling me he'd order me the stock ones. Instead, after waiting 6 weeks, I get some cheesy knockoffs that I could have paid $14 for a month ago, yet he charged me the $35 he was going to charge for the "used stock bars". Not only are these not the same bend and longer but they don't even have threads in them and they are the cheapest pieces of junk (no offense to those who like them).
We call today to complain and ask for our money back and the owner had the nerve to say that those are the stock replacement bars and "we don't know what we're talking about". I can't believe that after all of this he'd treat us with such disrespect. He tells us it's our problem if we don't like what we got and we can send it back for a refund (minus the %20 restocking fee, of course). This is the owner talking, giving me the most horrible customer service I have ever gotten. I have a reasonable expectation of how a business should treat a customer, I do customer service for a living. This guy was so far from where he should be it was scary.
Anyway, if anybody makes it through my long, boring post, thank you for taking the time to listen to my ordeal. I'm really only going through all this trouble to warn somebody else from falling into the same hole I did.
Basically, I didn't get what I paid for, they lied to me and bs'ed me for a month and a half and now won't even give my money back. I would never have ordered from this place if they hadn't guaranteed me that they had the items in stock and ready to ship. I would have been more than happy to pay a little more money to a reputable company to get stock items.
*Vent off* I feel a little better now

·
Military Sportbikers Moderator,
2,502 Posts
Thank goodness you only lost 35 bucks.

It's a good thing you wern't asking for a rim or even a motor. Just think of the stuff you might have got! (mouse on a wheel......)

I hate to say this, but Thanks for taking one for the team here buddy.

I'm not to sure but if this is the same "PETERSON" from Topeka. It doesn't superise me at all on this. I've met one of the family before (can't remember his name), and he did nothing but talk down to you. He knew everything. Not good buisness. That's why I never did buisness with "Peterson's Cycle of topeka"

Sorry to hear about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am fileing a small claim right now He won’t answer my calls I ordered my wire harness November 18th and he supposedly sent out another in December still no sight and he supposedly contacted usps I ask if it was lost if I’d be fucked he said no usps would insure him and he’d send another he is fraud Ik he has a company in California Nebraska and 2 in Kansas on in Ottawa and Kansas City!!!! He is not a good man!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts