Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Socal Racer #65
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks a lot to HP and all his crew that were involved setting up the race at Adams. All the hard work and diligence paid off, because you guys ran an AWESOME event!:clap :woowoo

On a side-note, as always it was great to meet and race w/ all the "out-of-towner's", everyone I met were great peeps! Seems like all of us met on common ground, just wanting a venue to race in! Looking forward to hanging w/ my crew and the rest of you guys at the next one. It's been awhile and it really was a lot of fun!

Peacers :p :wheelie

·
SoCal Racer #13
263 Posts
Yes, hats off to Hai, Ernie, Mike, Freddie, Jerome, and MSM (Adams Kart Track too). It was a good day of racing.

It was great to put more faces with usernames (and real names). Thanks to our local riders and especially those who made the trip to join us; also to the guys who helped me put my bike together (Frank G, Big Mike, Danny, Ted and Demonmotorsports).

Congrats to the raffle winners and those who are going home with hardware.

See you guys at the next race.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks

Well what can i say, That was one hell of a show!! Hai, Erod, Mrod, Freddie, and MSM. A big thank you from the SUCKAFREE. So when is the next one??:biggrin

Adams is the shit!!! BAR NONE

·
Flashlight Junkie
257 Posts
Was a figgity phat event! Everyone did an awsome job. Adams track really is the shiz! I haven't been out in a while and this one got my blood pumpin again, I'm gonna start racing again. Hai, keep throwing em', we'll keep coming to em'.

·
out of comission
1,069 Posts
BIG THANKS to MidSouth Crew for throwing this awesome event. I have to admit that this would have to be one of my favorite races to date:clap

And Thanks for the Prizes too:clap I'll be putting that hat to good use:D

And Neil......Round two will be next race...me and you:mad:nanana Battling with you in the Proddy class has got to be the most fun I ever had in a official race thus far.:D

To Team Suckafree, it was a pleasure meeting you guys,and hope to chill wit ya again. :1pimp :toast (P.S PBbag will be sent this week)

And to everyone else that I met, it was a pleasure meeting you all, and hope to see you again at the next ADAMS race.:toast

Anyone have pix?:D

·
Registered
728 Posts
sounds like the race went smotthly with no problems.. good to hear that. :clap

anyone got any pics and videos?

·
Registered
399 Posts
The track was one of the best that I've been on! Great technical track with many good lines... except for that one line through the dirt I took at the end of the Open main...
:bigdork

If you haven't been to Adam's kart track, put it on your calendar, it is a top notch track! Big :clap to Adam's for hosting us pocket bikers. :clap :clap :clap

Hai, you and your crew did an excellent job! The management of the race was top notch and very professional! Thanks also to Midsouth, way to support the sport!!!!

Thanks to Ted and Freddie, I think first on the scene after my crash (not sure, had my eyes closed), and extra big thanks to my nurse, you made sure nothing was broken and helped minimize the pain (unfortunatelly I forgot your name.. again... crap..), but you know who you are. :) Thanks to the Demon crew for opening the "medical tent" to me. I don't think I would have made the SP sumo race without everyone's generous support.

Also big hugs to my new friends Bryan, Erica and little Mia (sp?) in Phoenix for giving me a place to crash Saturday night and make the drive back to Texas so much easier!!! I owe you guys. Give Beast a kiss for me, haha.

Everyone was wonderful, it was great having everybody ask me if I was okay and getting to meet ya'll in person. Hope ya'll can make it to one of the Texas races and let me repay the favors!

Mike Griffin
Lubbock TEXAS

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mike .... Glad you're okay ( we missed you at Fat Burger after the race :p )

Thank you everyone for your kind words, you all can now check out the race results at www.sdmmracing.com.

Hai Pham

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not everyone knows how difficult it is working with the Adams Karting Club for an event, but Hai, Ernie and Mike put a lot of their personal time and funds into making this a successful event, in addition to every single racer from Stockton, Arizona, Las Vegas and Texas who showed up to support this event. For that, you have my sincere thanks, in addition to MSM for the goodies.

Special thanks to Ted, Tom and Demon Motosports for the infinite parts and tech support since day one. Ted's been extremely busy setting up the new shop, and the same with Tom organizing the AMRA in Arizona. Both put everything on hold to support the event.

Thanks to Robert at PBP for being such an outspoken advocate and promoter of minimoto racing in Southern California.

The debut of the heavy-weight class was awesome. Thanks to Ted, Brian, Neil, Steve and Mike for giving me absolute hell in the SP final. A fantastic battle of "Teddy Tuned" BZM's and Testarossa motors. On a side note, Ted was smooth sailing on the new Vee Rubber racing slicks.

There were good battles up front, in the middle and out back in all the classes. Overall, I had a great time racing, watching, learning and helping.

Cheers,

Freddie

·
Registered
399 Posts
HP#2 said:
Mike .... Glad you're okay ( we missed you at Fat Burger after the race :p )

Thank you everyone for your kind words, you all can now check out the race results at www.sdmmracing.com.

Hai Pham
Yeh, wish I could have made it, but the AZ people wanted to get home quickly and I'm glad they did cuz I dont think I would have made it to Phoenix if we hadn't taken off. Hopefully I can make one of the other AZ or CA races and catch up then. :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Brian, Mya and I want to thank Team Midsouth/SDMM for putting on such a great event. Believe me, we know. ;) We loved the track and had a great time racing with everyone! It was great to see our old friends and to put names and faces with screen names for our new friends. Thanks to Michelle Coffin for being a stand-in babysitter for us so we could both get in as much practice time as possible! :D Thanks to everyone who's posted pics too! A huge thanks also to Chuck Shorie for making me a part of Team Fastline and letting me beat on his bike in the Proddy race. That 203 is fun a hell!

I personally had a fantastic day. I met all of my goals: I didn't crash, I didn't get taken out by anyone, and I didn't come in last! Not bad for having had a baby 4 months ago! ;) Thank you everybody!

I've also gotta say that I've been to A LOT of pocketbike races over the years, and the Sumo SP final was unequivocally one of the most exciting races I've ever seen! Not just because my husband and my teammate and two of my friends were dicing for the top three places, but because that was truly some of the best, most exciting racing... period. I remember when Neil was scared of a Cag! :eek: Now he's definitely a name to remember! HUGE congrats to everyone in that race, that was so cool!

I really hope that all clubs will consider splitting the SP class from now on. What a huge success!

·
SoCal Racer #13
263 Posts
Glad you made home ok, Mike. Rest your shoulders for our next meet. Thanks for traveling so far to join us. Your nurse's name is Lisa, great gal.

Freddie is right, Adams is completely dedicated to karts which makes it very difficult to set up PB events on any weekend. This past weekend will only help us in building a good relationship with the track owner/management. It took a lot of convincing to get us out there and the cost was absorbed by pocketbike enthusiasts like Hai, the Rodiguez brothers, and with MSM's backing (you too, Freddie). I can't thank you guys enough for providing us with this venue. Just a month ago I was thinking about quitting PB racing. You keep hosting them and we'll keep coming.

·
SoCal Racer #13
263 Posts
elo said:
I've also gotta say that I've been to A LOT of pocketbike races over the years, and the Sumo SP final was unequivocally one of the most exciting races I've ever seen! Not just because my husband and my teammate and two of my friends were dicing for the top three places, but because that was truly some of the best, most exciting racing... period. I remember when Neil was scared of a Cag! :eek: Now he's definitely a name to remember! HUGE congrats to everyone in that race, that was so cool!
It was good to see you guys again. Mya is beautiful, such bright blue eyes. Thanks for the props, I do remember taking my cag to practice session the first time (total newb). It was you guys the former AZPRA now AMRA that got me into this PB thing. You showed me how to take lines and your ZPF was the first euro I rode. Brian let me ride his RSR and I had to give it back after the first lap 'cause I couldn't control it (so much more power than the cag I was used to). See you guys next time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Flippn said:
Glad you made home ok, Mike. Rest your shoulders for our next meet. Thanks for traveling so far to join us. Your nurse's name is Lisa, great gal.

She certainly is!

I'll be back.. I had a great time!

Texas Mike

·
TEAM VIRAY'S CEO
297 Posts
That was the SH*****T!!!!!!

What better track could I have ridden my proddy bike for the first time? This track was sick.......:clap :clap :D

Much props to HAI and crew for a well put race. I was glad to meet you Socal riders and put a face to your usernames. You guys are pretty damn fast out there. Next time SUCKAFREE comes out to race, I'll be lighter for the SUMO class. Gots to do the ATKINS DIET, again!:nanana

Keep us posted on the next race and we'll definitely be back to race with you guys again. You guys need to come up to our track as well. Until then, take care!

Mike Viray

1 - 15 of 15 Posts