Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking around the net at bikes, (which I do way to much) I found an 03 orange Z1000 for $5500 and thought it was a pretty sweet price, since I see older CBR 929's and stuff for more than that, anyway, I wouldn't be able to pay for it outright, and so I figured I'd check insurance, and the quote I got from Progressive with collision coverage is some insane amount, like $9000 a year, or more, can't remember the exact numbers now, but it was a helluva lot, so I was just wondering what you guys pay for insurance, financed or not, new or old, let's hear what you shell out every year to be able to ride your bike, and what kinda bike it is, and also, what kind of coverage are you required to carry if your bike is financed, the guy at Progressive said it's up to the finance company, anyone know how that all works? $9000 bucks just seems insane to me. :rant :shake

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '04 (bought new) Honda 599 (hornet) and going through American Family (great ins co BTW) I only pay $385/yr (approx 30 a month)

I get the homeowners discount, as well as a multiple car discount..

The bike is financed, and when I called my insurance company, they first quoted me 400 and something a year, but after talking with Honda Credit, the premium was lowered...

(I also have a clean driving record)

·
Registered
2 Posts
$356 a year for my '03 919 through Progressive. It's the only vehicle insured with them, but it's also the Full Monty policy. Ridiculously lower than comparable bikes swaddled in plastic. Even my agent had to check twice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
roktbox said:
$356 a year for my '03 919 through Progressive. It's the only vehicle insured with them, but it's also the Full Monty policy. Ridiculously lower than comparable bikes swaddled in plastic. Even my agent had to check twice.
I have progressive too, only I pay $97/year with just basic insurance. They are WAY lower than anyone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.