Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use an alarm on ur motorcycle? what kind, and how does it work?

im not worried about it now, but when i get a new one, id like to put one on it...not that its going to protect against theft, but id hate 2 have some1 try n'sit on my bike when its parked (anyone ever witness that)

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
If you wanna do it right, get a Scorpio Alarm

I have been told its pretty easy to install. Although if you get the engine kill option, you have to splice a wire ive been told. Everything else is plug and play with the right harness. The only thing holding me back from buying one is the $

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up the Scorpio , It works good but the remote seems kinda cheap and it bigger than most car alarms. I was looking for the one Viper makes but I coundn't find any shops in my area that would sell it over the counter. if you can't find the Viper go with the Scorpio.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the viper 791 for my car, works great!..dunno how theyre for bikes...prolly just as good...

are there that many problems w/bike alarms? iv heard they mess up the battery, or just screw up a lot...dont get the same results that a car alarm has...no idea how true any of this is though.........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most of what I've read is that most alarms have a sleep mode after 30 days. If you ride alot and don't have battery issues. I don't think there will be any problem.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
i have a Scorpio that i've been using for about two years. If you leave the bike with the alarm set, it will kill the battery fairly quickly (about 2 weeks or so... don't know what good i thought it would do me while i was out of town). The only problem i have had with it is that i left the fob on my keychain through a fierce downpour... it shorted and started doing random things (fortunately everything BUT engaging the kill on the interstate).

...dave
:redcreep

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was going to buy a security system but then a couple of my buddies said it was pointless when about 3 guys can pickup your bike and throw it in the back of a truck in 5 seconds.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I use the chatterbox alarm. .... Cheap peace of mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts