Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went to a friend of mines frat party (It was homecoming) so I took a ride up last weekend.

Well come sat night the party was rolling pretty good. I was very far from drunk, but I did have my bike parked for the night in front of the frat house. So I'm one of the very few people inside the house (most are outside) Some girl walks and says "I need to see you now" , and I heard someone say "Knocked over bike".. I go out side to see my bike, with my mirror on the back on the seat.
And some drunk blond girl balling her eyes out. Along with about 10 frat boys screaming at her. Apparently she loves bikes and wanted to sit on mine, so she helped herself, and because shes wearing a short skirt she didn't lift the leg high enough and knocked the bike over on its right side.

First things first, damage control. I look the bike over with a lighter (the only light I could get).
Broken mirror, broken front brake lever, broken turn signal, scratched on plastic, nothing deep.
Small dent and scratch on exhaust.
Girl is still crying while numerous guys ask her what the hell she was thinking/calling her a bitch ect.
I tell the guys to grab a beer and chill out. I tell the girl to relax and stop crying.

She offers to pay for everything, I tell her that my bros a mechanic, and I have enough connections in the sportbike world that I doubt I will be needing $$ from her (most expensive was the paint, but A: it already had a few scratches on that end and B: I am getting it painted this winter anyways)
The lever is $19, my friend has the same bike I do and he took his mirrors off, so I can snag one for free. The turn sig will be another $10, so it's a great annoyance, but all in all if that’s the worst my bike sees this summer I'm luckier than a few people I know.
Interesting side note is, I'm amazed I didn't flip out or even raise my voice. I mean at first I was all tweaked and stuff, but I knew that yelling and hitting things/people would not improve the situation at all.
What the hells up with that?

So yeah, my bikes grounded till friday (when the lever comes) and the ride home from the college was the slowest damn 60 miles of my life
What do you think, should I have yelled at her? Did I under react?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think you did the right thing. :thumb But next time she wants to sit on your bike with a short skirt on, you need to be there.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I think you acted like a perfect gentleman! You knew she was upset and felt bad enough as it was and yelling at a drunk chick isn't going to make anything better. The damage done to your bike was minimal and what is yelling going to resolve anyway.

BTW, I think where you parked the bike was a mistake with so many drunk people around. I would have been paranoid about my bike being outside a frat party. If that had been me, I would never have bought the bike or I would have been standing beside it all night.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah you did the right thing by not yelling or hitting but I tells ya your a better man than I am.;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think you should have given that stupid woman an ear bashing. People have NO RIGHT to go near your bike, and ESPECIALLY no right to sit on it. :mad

At least yell at her enough not to do it again, i hope she learnt her lesson.

If you think i am being mean, think about this... if there was no one around but her, do you think she would have let you know what happened to your bike? I dont think so...

Shouldnt have parked it there though bro. :shake

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SportyChick said:
I think you acted like a perfect gentleman! You knew she was upset and felt bad enough as it was and yelling at a drunk chick isn't going to make anything better. The damage done to your bike was minimal and what is yelling going to resolve anyway.

BTW, I think where you parked the bike was a mistake with so many drunk people around. I would have been paranoid about my bike being outside a frat party. If that had been me, I would never have bought the bike or I would have been standing beside it all night.
Well, I was going to push it to the back of the house when the party moved to the "party house".
Thats another reason I think I didn't flip out, I guess I felt like it was my fault for even bringing it. But I don't think like that most of the time, my bike is my main transport.

·
Moderator,
3,129 Posts
My friend that's what you call leverage.. Was she cute? Are you single? I would have weaseled a date or something! :)

But tell her that she has to buy though! :biggrin

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greco gixxer said:
My friend that's what you call leverage.. Was she cute? Are you single? I would have weaseled a date or something! :)

But tell her that she has to buy though! :biggrin
Hate to say this after I just made myself sound like such a nuice guy, but.. I was going back to the house after a visit to the party house and a bar or two, and I started thinking. Ya know, maybe I'll call that girl and offer a "payment plan":laughing
And yes she was hot, very hot

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
bluer6 said:

thought so :twofinger

Really though, you did the right thing...as mad as I would be and as mad as I'm sure you were...

btw: park bike in front of house party is being held in ... no dude not good :shake

·
Stress Relief 101
13,581 Posts
You did the right thing. :thumb Because of your choice of parking I would say its 50% your fault. But no one should ever get on someones bike without asking no mater where the bike is parked. I'm sure I would have flipped.

James

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was home commming, the safest place to park it was as close to me as I could get it. Out front, was the ONLY place I could keep an eye on it.
I spent most of the party with the bike in view. Like I said, it was an outside party.
Come on now, %50? This happened at like 8PM, it's not like I left it in the ghetto at 1am

On a side note, I was parked right by my friends F3, and she chose my bike over his...Almost makes me wish I still had my VF500F or FZR. :laughing

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
I think you totally did the right thing. The girl was crying and obviously felt very bad for what she did. Yelling at her wouldn't accomplish anything. I don't think I'd have to heart to yell at anyone who knocked my bike over who was so obviously sorry and upset about it. I think your a good guy. Now see if you can at least get a date out of the situation.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
if you yelled at her she probably wouldnt have offered to pay, sometimes people will change their minds if you are too harsh.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
bluer6 said:
Ok now i understand why you were very calm. Crying hot chicks with short skirts bring out the softer side in us guys. But yeah you did a good thing not yelling at her cause we all know yelling does nothing. But i do believe that a nice calm explanation of why she shouldn't "trespass" would have been appropriate. To get even ask her for nekid pix and send it to me :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did you get her number in case you need parts? :D if you did, and you don't tap into that resource, you've got a screw loose. lol. but seriously, good job on keeping a level head. even stopping those guys, I'm very impressed. Very mature thing to do.

Bikes break and can be repaired, people are irreplaceable.

·
Registered
361 Posts
you did the right thing, but a date is in order fully paid on her part.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts