Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mad Hawk
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard about a new movie coming out like Fast and the Furious, but about sport bikes. I saw the preview yesterday.

It is showing street racing, lots of rolling stoppies and wheelies, guys standing on the gas tank or hanging off the rear of bike.....Lots of squid stuff while on public streets with traffic.

Now we will have lots of squids who will want a big bike aftre watching teh movie. They will try these stunts or street race and wreck or kill themselves. Those here now and before now will have to pay the price.

The public will get pissed at all bike riders when these squids take to teh streets. Insurance rates will skyrocket with the mass increase in claims. LEO's will want to keep a closer eye on sportbikes and want to check out your license and insurance more often (will you blame them?)

The sad part is that dealers across teh nation will be ready and willing to sell a litre bike or bigger to mr novice and not think twice about it because teh customer REALLY wants one.

OK Rant mode off. For once, I hope I am wrong about this.....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Fast and the Furious....

Mom and/or dad..... can I put a fart can on the car?

Biker Boyz.....

Mom and/or dad..... can I have $9,000(whatever $ american) plus insurance rates, plus gear, etc. etc.?

any questions? :p

edit: not saying that there isn't going to be a bit of a surge, but it's not gonna be like F&F

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Jotz said:
Fast and the Furious....

Biker Boyz.....

Mom and/or dad..... can I have $9,000(whatever $ american) plus insurance rates, plus gear, etc. etc.?

edit: not saying that there isn't going to be a bit of a surge, but it's not gonna be like F&F

Yes it will, cause you know HOW kids get the ricers??? Mom and Dad buy them.

On a side note it should do wonders for Darwin's theory.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I went to see ord of the Rings 2 last night and there was a preview of Biker Boyz and all I could do was shake my head. I heard dozens of little 18 year old whooping and hollering and saying "yea I want one of those!" Lord help us when the movie breaks and our insurance rates triple (again) because of all of these dipshits... :shake

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
oo yea it will Jotz, the movie industry and the music industry are experts with manipulation, every teenager with an IQ of 76 will want an extended hayabusa and a biker boys leather jacket.
Fast and Furious brought out all the little kiddies who are easily manipulated and got them thinking civics with neons, body kits and obnoxious colors were cool along with a ton of useless modifications, shitty pipes and NOS.
No my friend this will be exactly like fast and furious.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
At least there will be a lot of spare parts on the market for a few years.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Casket Crew said:
At least there will be a lot of spare parts on the market for a few years.
I look at it as population control...or pouring some chlorine in the gene pool.

Yes I am an evil, evil man.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
About 20 of us are already commited to riding our bikes to that movie when it premires. I think we should get together a couple of times so we can practice getting our kick stands down in unison.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
What's really sad is alot of people(kids) don't know how dangerous bikes really are.
They will learn quick, now is a good time to get a job in the sales department of suzuki :redflip

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Jet said:
it still hasn't quite hit me, it's like a bad dream or worse, a bad reality that you refuse to accept.
I was in denial too until last night. Walking out of a movie theater I saw a poster for this benighted piece of hollywood trash. :shake I feel so defenseless now. :(

·
Military Sportbikers Moderator,
2,502 Posts
I wonder how long it takes for some parent of a 18year old to start a law suit for the death or even worse cripled (sp) child. (i.e. JACKASS)

And as a lot have said.

Parts Parts Parts!!!!:D

I'm just glad I'm over 25 and married. I really feel for the experienced riders that are single and young. :(

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Yep, the Fast and Furious wasn't all that great of a movie, and I dont see how this will be much worse. So I think there will be the young punks who think it's "cool" to have a bike now. They are gonna run around without a license or insurance and try to emulate what they saw in that movie, because it's "cool man":rolleyes I'm gonna watch it, just because I'm curious about how well/bad the movie is made. Anyways, I think bike thefts are gonna go up for at least a short time after the movie is out, so make sure all your bikes are locked up tight.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Jotz said:
Fast and the Furious....

Biker Boyz.....

Gear?!? Squids don't need any freakin gear. :redflip
Besides, they'll all know how to ride after seeing the movie. :laughing

~Nist

1 - 20 of 26 Posts