Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going and if so has there been a meeting place or date yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm going!

Leaving Thursday! Gonna try to catch the races one day. I would like to know if there is a sportbike hang out in Daytona. I understand we may need our leathers! (In Florida, we need leathers if the temp drops below 75 deg!) Cold front coming thru.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here is the place to be at on SAT all day. Also the xsba.com will be having stunt competitions Fri, Sat and Sun. You can also see www.ccsracing.com and www.formulausa.com when they race at Daytona Intl Speedway.

This is what I know about so far:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kyle xxx
***Biketoberfest Event for Sportbikes***
Thats right folks, finally have somewhere to hang with out getting spit on by local popo

Details:
Name - Sportbike SuperFest
Place - Daytona beach Municipal Stadium (2 miles down LPGA blvd)
Time - Oct. 19th (Saturday) 11am to midnight.
Misc - EMS will be there on duty the whole time.
We should have a few Vendors, and other attractions.

So with 2 weeks left, now all there is to do is just get the WORD out. SO tell everyone!!!!!

Speede Safe

R1fast(Glen Castle) call for more details 863-581-6386

The most Fun thing about the whole BiketoberFest Event I believe will be the Midnight Parade of Sportbikes down Main Street.

Here is the Plan:
We have to Close down the Stadium at Midnight (INS & $$$). Soooo Every sportbike in Daytona should know whats going on by then and can all meet at the Stadium. When we leave the Stadium we can all train/parade all the way to Main Street. Just imagine the look on all the Harley people's faces when Main Street is taken over by Sportbikes.

This will definitely be a first. But it will show them that we (Sportbikers) are a closer knit group then they originally believe.
Not only that but it will be frigging hillarious....

Speed Safe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should help too....

Here is the map on how to get there: (look all the way to the LEFT) see the stadium just off of LPGA and just north of Speedway drive....that's it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here are the flyers for the Sat all day stunt event:

·
Registered
369 Posts
and back side of the flyer:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here is more info on the XSBA stunt events:

The XSBA has the Daytona Speedway for October 18th-20th. Friday they will have open practice for all competitors, then a qualifying session. Saturday morning they will have the media center inside the speedway for a stunt summit (all are welcome, bring ideas and solutions not attitudes). Then the rest of Saturday will be practice in the practice area (100'x500'), another qualifying session for the freestyle event. Saturday evening will be Freestyle finals followed by Longest Endo competition. Then Sunday will be more open riding in the practice area and exhibitions on the speedway. Entry for the comps. will be $100 for the freestyle event, and $50 for the endo event. Payout will be 100% of entry fees along with whatever XSBA sells in credentials. What that means is if you by your passes from the speedway the competitors get nothing, if you by you credentials from the XSBA at their booth, the competitors could get major payouts. I believe entry fee for spectators is $25 per day (not sure). Have any questions feel free to post em and I'll do my best to get you an answer. Lets show Daytona that we're nor a bunch of punks, lets show them that we're a legitimate sport. If this one goes well, they've (Daytona Speedway) agreed to host another during Bikeweek and they'll post the purse.

1st Annual X-Treme Sport Bike Association
Freestyle and Longest Stoppie Contest
Daytona Int'l Speedway
October 18-20

All-Access credentials available at Formula USA / Speedway Credential
Office:
$40 Friday-Sunday, $30 Saturday-Sunday, $20 Sunday only
Limited access/general admission tickets also available at the gate.

Friday: Practice and Qualifying
- 10:00 am 5:00 pm Freestyle
Practice in the Infield
- 5:00 pm Freestyle Qualifying on Hot
Pit Road

Saturday: Practice and Main Events
- 10:00am 1st Annual XSBA
Stunt Summit in Benny Kahn Press Room
- 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Freestyle
Practice in the Infield
- 5:00 pm Main Event on Hot Pit Road
- Longest Stoppie Contest & Guinness
Book of World Record attempt

Sunday: Freestyle Demos
2002 XSBA National Champion Matt "Thew"
Blankstrom of 1096, Driving To Endanger, d-Aces, Dan Jackson, Triple-Xtreme,
Redline Extreme, D-Mann, Todd Colbert, and many more...don't miss it!!!

1st Ever XSBA event at DAYTONA INT'L SPEEDWAY!!!

(Daytona Beach, Florida; October 1, 2002)
An agreement was reached today to finalize an agreement with Daytona
International Speedway, which will see two XSBA National events! An
“XSBA Freestyle” competition will take place with practice and
Qualifying on Friday October 18th, with more practice and a Final Event on Saturday October 19th, and Free-ride Demos all day Sunday including the top teams and riders in North America.

We will also debut the fist ever “XSBA Longest Stoppie” contest on Saturday night October 19th, in an attempt to set a NEW World Record! Several riders are rolling more than 500 feet, and the current record holder Kevin Carmichael has set the mark at 660 feet with an unlimited approach. However, the approach at Daytona will be limited to 750 feet. This will set a new precedence for such an event hence a New World Record will be set. Documentation will be in place to certify the record with the Guinness Book.

Both events will feature the top Freestyle Stunt riders in North America including 2002 XSBA Freestyle Champion Matt "Thew" Blankstrom of 1096, Portland winner Chauncey Vieria of DTE, 3 time XSBA Freestyle top Qualifier Dan Jackson, Guinness Book of World Record Holder Todd
Colbert and many more. Only 25 rider entries will be accepted for the
Freestyle competition, with entry fees set at $100 per entry, and 10 riders will be accepted for the Longest Stoppie competition with entry fees set at $50 per entry.

Open Practice and "Free-ride" sessions for all competitors will take place Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All participants, crewmembers, family and friends are encouraged to register and purchase credentials from the Formula USA/XSBA Credential office across the street from the Speedway. All credential proceeds will be contributed to the XSBA Daytona event.

Also at Daytona Speedway... the XSBA will host the first ever “Stunt Summit”. It has been discussed since May of this year at the first XSBA event at Summit Point Raceway, and it is finally here. Hosted in the Daytona Int'l Speedway "Benny Kahn" Media Center, on Saturday morning October 19th, at 10:00am. Everyone is invited to discuss the future of the Sport Bike Freestyle Industry. Rules, event structure, judging, marketing, promotions, etc... It is an open forum.

See you in Daytona.

www.FormulaUSA.com
www.XSBA.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
sounds cool..i live about 15 minutes away from the stadium so i may drop by..but i can say one thing, the ride down main straight may be a bad idea, i can already see some smart ass on a sportbike saying something to a harley rider or visa-versa and trouble starting between the two groups

·
Registered
104 Posts
I doubt it, the anomosity between Hog riders and sportbike riders is a little overblown. When it all come down we are all on two wheels. There has not been any incidents in the past so why should it start now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts