Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left Barry's house close to midnite Sat after meeting Fiptaz (nice to talk with you BTW) and I could physically turn the key in my ignition switch. I had to heat it with a lighter.

Sup wit dat?

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
At least it's not a suzuki ignition. One of the few complaints I have about my bike(s). After so many uses the ignition just becomes a bitch to turn and I have to sit there like I've got an obsessive compulsive disorder flipping the key back and forth until it finally turns. Same thing happened to the katana. I asked a guy at the shop about it and he said he's seen several suzukis with the same problem. :confused

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dodger said:
At least it's not a suzuki ignition. One of the few complaints I have about my bike(s). After so many uses the ignition just becomes a bitch to turn and I have to sit there like I've got an obsessive compulsive disorder flipping the key back and forth until it finally turns. Same thing happened to the katana. I asked a guy at the shop about it and he said he's seen several suzukis with the same problem. :confused
My 03 600 had the same problem. Sometimes I had to mess around with it for a few minutes, other times it turned on the first try.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my Hayabusa had the same problem. I shot the lock with moly and never had the problem again.

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
Scot said:
my Hayabusa had the same problem. I shot the lock with moly and never had the problem again.
I don't know what the hell "shot the lock with moly" means. Translate that for my dumbass. :D

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
Scot said:
moly is a dry lube
Like graphite? cool deal. I'll look into that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts