Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide on some boots ! I have a choice of Alpinestars SMX , Sidi vertebra , and oxtars . Any recommedations will be graciously accepted ! I am not limited to these exact boots the ones listed seem to fall into my price range:cool

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
I have the Sidi's and love them. People bitch about them not being comfortable to walk in.....but walking ain't what they were made for!:redflip

·
Registered
39 Posts
another vote for the Vert2. :thumb

I absolutely love mine. no problems walking in them either, as long as you don't mind a little squeaking...of course you can always lube the plastic for that if it really bothers you.

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Sidi Race Verts all the way!

I love these boots. :love2

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
sidi vert2's. I love em. I also have no complaints about walking in them...they are actually more comfortable than alot of shoes I've owned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im going to be getting a pair of Sidi's myself. Have heard nothing but good things about them:thumb

·
Super Greg's DJ Partner
1,670 Posts
Ive got Sidi Verts also and no complaints! As for comfort... i put insoles in mine... not that I walk marathons or anything but it helped make them more comfortable.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Dover, just a little info from what I have found from my boot research.

Alpinestars are made fairly narrow.
Oxtar and Sidi are wider. I think the Sidi's are a touch wider than the Oxtars.

I have the Oxtars and like them a lot, although they squeek like something fierce :laughing

I have also wore Vert II's and liked them a lot too.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the Sidi Vert's and the Alpinestars SMX Plus and I like the vert's better. The Vert's are far easier to put on/take off, they're lighter, and slightly more comfortable. The vert's have even survived several high speed crashes - I haven't crash tested the Alpinestars yet.

I did feel the need to stick in some gel insoles/arch support on both pairs to get all day long comfort.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
I love my S-MX GoreTex boots. I sport tour, and play ride in them. They also squeak when walking.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have SMX and they were too small for my calfs. If your calfs are large, don't get them. They seem like good boots otherwise.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gots the Sidi Verts for 200 out the door gonna try em next week end:D Thanks for the opinions

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can get SIDI Vert at newengought.com for $149; however, they only have red/black and blue/black. I want all black SIDI Vert thought.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I gotta support my boys at my local shop and I wanted black! I got the Vert 2s not the verts:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the Vert 2's as well and they are such a great boot and i find them just as comfortable as any shoe i have ever bought good choice!!! Happy Riding

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Sidi Vert 2s are probly one of the best choices for an agressive ridding boot! I have seen them upclose and the qualily it great on them!

I have choose to get a pair of Prexport 539 WP! $189 I absolutely Love them! They have acle and shin protection with cool looking sole! They are waterproof and I can wear them to the office.

I have like crazy wide feet and big calvs and they still fit very well super comfy on the bike and as I break them in they are becoming more comfy for the all day stuff! I don't like Prexports race titanium line cause I have seen them upclose and well I was diapointed! their street line is absolutely top notch! So for a street they are great! and I'll probly pic up a pair of Verta 2 for the summer next year sometime?

-al

1 - 20 of 47 Posts