Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, maybe not brilliant, but I figured it would atleast get some attention this way.:redflip

So I was thinking today about how poor ole Maxine is left out in the cold. No GP ride, no WSBK ride, no 4 wheel ride, no nothing. So what's Max left to do now? Especially since one of the greatest 250 riders of all time is 1 season away from the new bikes that are supposed to be more like a 250. Well I just had an idea that seems genious. Why wouldn't a team like either Suzuki or Kawasaki get Max under contract right now, and put his ass on the '07 800cc bike? No racing this season, but this way they could literally develop a bike around him for a full season while they continue to get their asses handed to them in 2006. I know Max has a reputation as a bad development rider, but honestly, everything I heard was that neither Yamaha or HRC listened to, or even gave him anything he asked for. Wouldn't it seem like a good idea for either Suzuki or Kawasaki to use Max as their plan for 2007? They have the advantage of unlimited testing with a rider, like him or not, who can be blazingly fast when the bike is setup properly. So why not use this huge opportunity to snag Max, get a full year of testing and development under their belt, and then throw him into the 2007 season with a huge advantage over all the other riders? If I was running one of those two teams, I'd be all over that idea. You would think he would be cheap as hell right now since he isn't worth shit. And giving him the idea that he would have an advantage over Rossi come 2007 would make the offer too much for him to refuse. I need to run a team dammit. :D

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Because he's a dick and no one wants to work with him?

Why wouldn't a team like either Suzuki or Kawasaki get Max under contract right now, and put his ass on the '07 800cc bike?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, sometimes, when you really suck, you have to deal with certain things. This switch is going to set these 2 teams back 3 years unless they do something drastic. Get him whoever he wants as his chief mechanic, and deal with the Biaggi shit while trying to keep it to a minimum. Things aren't always easy when you play with the big boys. And if these bikes get closer to a 250 style, who else would you rather have ride yours? OK, other than Rossi or Dani.:redflip

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Max is not a good development rider, not beacuse nobody listens to him, but because he down't know how to talk to the crew chief. All he does is bitch about how the bike is bad, I really doubt he gives any suggestions on how to fix it.

I think a better plan would be to make an AMA team with Anthony Gobert and Max Biaggi to run in superstock. I would call the team "druggie and dropout racing".

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys have no vision!:redflip

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Poor max.... :(

NOT :laughing

I suppose that now, he will have to compete with Rossi in another arena!!!!! Writer!!!

MAD MAX: My story (through my own shades).

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll tell you one thing. When his book comes out, I'll be there the first day to buy it. I can't wait to get a small glimpse of what goes on in that bald crazy head!:laughing

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
i'm sure Suzuki and Kawi have thought about that idea, however, no way in hell Biaggi's agent and Biaggi are gonna go for this. :shake Biaggi's is probably too high on himself to take a year off (racing), and develop a bike. No way he will do it.

·
Lean the Frak over!
2,029 Posts
Hey Max sure could use the extra track time. LOL!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ED_00R6 said:
Biaggi's is probably too high on himself to take a year off (racing), and develop a bike. No way he will do it.
Incase you haven't been keeping up, Biaggi IS out of racing for 2006, and maybe forever. Every option has run out for this year, and it's not looking all that good for the future, which is why my plan is genious!:laughing

·
Lean the Frak over!
2,029 Posts
I guess if he's already done for this season there might still be room for him in the commentators box. Seriously, he would offer some good input about the race and whats going on with the racers. At least he's not out of the sport completely then. No to mention it would be funny hearing him cheer when a certain disliked rider takes a fall or something. Ya I'm sure he would be a "tough man" in the box.

·
Support TC or fly like a fairy!
2,748 Posts
I said it once I'll say it again "Biaggi Track Days" he should think about starting a track school.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Biaggi Track Days? What would people learn? How to piss of better riders and factorys? How to bitch about how your bike is a peice of shit? Maybe he could show us all how to wear those stupid little mustaches. Plus they would probobly cost so much, cause we would be learning from a former 250cc GP champ.

·
2,748 Posts
I'd attend it, I'd pay whatever, he didn't even touch a throttle on a motorcycle until he was 18, he basically got to GP status in 10 years dude, besides all of his titty baby antics, he obviously has something figured out.

·
2,748 Posts
IMO, the only reason you heard really any of Biaggi's bitchin' and complaining is because he was a great rider, and all padocks new that, the press and the light were always on him. Did you ever hear any of KR bitchin'? NO. How about Hopkins? NO. Nakano? NO. You know why, they weren't at the front of the pack, they aren't contenders, they're midfield and will always be mid field. In their defense too, it's the bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts