Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the fuck do you find this stuff? I have searched all over but to no avail...I even emailed a distributor but he hasn't gotten back to me. Little help? I'm in the north jersey area.

Edit: I've been drinking a bunch of Magic Hat Fat Angel and Boddingtons...thought I'd try something different.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Any good beer distributor should have it, all the places out here have it and i know they do distribute in NJ Even some supermarkets will have the year round stuff and I know all the distributors here have the seasonals ( my chocolate stout :drool)

Tom

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
tommymac said:
Any good beer distributor should have it, all the places out here have it and i know they do distribute in NJ Even some supermarkets will have the year round stuff and I know all the distributors here have the seasonals ( my chocolate stout :drool)

Tom
Supermarkets by me have it, as well as most pubs here in the city.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
JDogg said:
Brooklyn is available at Barnstormer BBQ, as long as the boss likes the flavor ;)
So you guys want to hire me as a beer consultant:laughing

Tom

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I found it at a Shoprite Liquor about 15 mins from my house. This place is the mother of all liquor stores. I got the Lager and Brown Ale. Both are very good but the Ale is a little yeasty kind of. The Drink date is also Oct. 04 so it is kind of old. But I like it. Still can't find that stupid chocolate stout though.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
nj_gsxr_1k said:
Ok, I found it at a Shoprite Liquor about 15 mins from my house. This place is the mother of all liquor stores. I got the Lager and Brown Ale. Both are very good but the Ale is a little yeasty kind of. The Drink date is also Oct. 04 so it is kind of old. But I like it. Still can't find that stupid chocolate stout though.
Those drink dates are meaningless iunless its like a year old, and i actually have some chocolate stout from last year and is still quite good. I like the brown ale, but you should try the pennant pale ale ( the blue label) and I think they make one of the best octoberfests, from what i hear their pilsner is quite good but I dont drink pilsners often.

Then theres the brooklyn monster which is a barleywine and is around 12%:eek

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
tommymac said:
Those drink dates are meaningless iunless its like a year old, and i actually have some chocolate stout from last year and is still quite good. I like the brown ale, but you should try the pennant pale ale ( the blue label) and I think they make one of the best octoberfests, from what i hear their pilsner is quite good but I dont drink pilsners often.

Listen to this guy, as much as I hate to say it the poodle lover does know his beer. :thumb He introduced me to Harpoon winter warmer and now I cant keep enough in the house. And I buy cases at a time :laughing

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
JustSteve said:
Listen to this guy, as much as I hate to say it the poodle lover does know his beer. :thumb He introduced me to Harpoon winter warmer and now I cant keep enough in the house. And I buy cases at a time :laughing
i am good for something at least, also last years batch seems to be better than this years.

Another one to watch out for is Sam Adams chocolate bock :drool

The only thing close to it is rouges chocolate stout which I had in oregon:D

Tom

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
tommymac said:
i am good for something at least, also last years batch seems to be better than this years.

Another one to watch out for is Sam Adams chocolate bock :drool

The only thing close to it is rouges chocolate stout which I had in oregon:D

Tom
Readily avail. at distributors or am I on a search mission?

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
JustSteve said:
Readily avail. at distributors or am I on a search mission?
not sure have only had it on tap but will look into availability in bottles.

Tom

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I think that the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is only available in kegs. I got the last 2 5 gallon barrels that my distributor had. Come over and try it this Thursday.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
BBQ Chef said:
I think that the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is only available in kegs. I got the last 2 5 gallon barrels that my distributor had. Come over and try it this Thursday.
It also comes in bottles, I havent seen the 04-05 yet but they have had it in bottlese every other year.

Tom

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tommymac said:

Well, that's good to know. I will give the blue label a whirl. It really is good beer.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
I will go on a search mission today for the sam adams chocolate bock if I can score some I will bring it to barnstormers tonight:D

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts