Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2 Wheeled Vagabond
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with my future brother-in-law last night to RMC to look at some bikes as he is looking to upgrade from his Ninja 250. It was between the GSXR600 and the R6, after sitting on both he decided on the GSXR600 in Red/Black/White.

Anyone have any ideas on where to purchase this bike for a decent price? MSRP is $8199, they said OTD was about $9700 or so, which is entirely too much as I bought my 600RR ($8599 MSRP) for $9200 OTD. They said they weren't really willing to budge on the setup and fees on the 05's.

If he can get a deal on an 04 R6 he'd consider that too.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I bought mine at Moto I. Dave offered me a killer deal. At the time the closest anybody else could come OTD was only <$300. I figured that number was small enough that I'd rather go to a local dealer. But with the prices at Beaudry today, they are basically giving away the Milles..

jigster bought his tuono from them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Keep shopping until you find a dealer that will at the very least, knock off the set up fees. If there were a dealer dictionary the definition of "set-up fee" would read "extra special bonus profit". Don't pay it. If you really shop around, you can probably not only get that discounted, but also some $ off the msrp.

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
Call some of the dealers in Portland some of them do not charge freight and setup its a BS charge.
Start your search in Roseberg, OR.

I got my tiller new in 99 for $7,995.00 I paid taxes when I brought the bill of sale to the DMV in Washington.. And I only paid tax on what I paid for the bike $1,500.00 less then what the dealers wanted up here.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/

Email those guys. JawKnee and Wizard600RR both got their 600's from their and got hella good deals.

I'm getting my 05 Gixxer750 through them for $8600 shipped to Kent. No one around here will come close to touching that.

Nico

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Hypnotiq said:

Email those guys. JawKnee and Wizard600RR both got their 600's from their and got hella good deals.

I'm getting my 05 Gixxer750 through them for $8600 shipped to Kent. No one around here will come close to touching that.

Nico
+1

and also RMC can do a lot better than that you just have to work with them, as they are more of a volume dealer!

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Hypnotiq said:

Nico
Does that include the shipping? If so, that will end up being around $9500 all said and done. Still sounds like a pretty good deal if RMC is quoting $9700 for a 600!

But does it come in a crate? If so who's gonna put it together? Does it void your warranty if it's not PDI'ed by a Suzuki dealer?

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Yes, that includes shipping. $9400 is what its gonna be after T&L.

It comes in a crate assembled. Honda East Toledo is an authorized Suzuki dealership so there is no issue there.

Nico

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Yes, that includes shipping. $9400 is what its gonna be after T&L.

It comes in a crate assembled. Honda East Toledo is an authorized Suzuki dealership so there is no issue there.

Nico
Just what I needed to know :thumb I wasn't worried at all about putting it together, but the warranty issue is important. I guess if they "assemble" it, then ship it, they get around it.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Also to answer your question from lunch on Wed Jared, they will ship you the title and then you will need to get the title over to your leinholder. :thumb

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.