·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Check out the lawyers thread stickied at the top of this forum

·
James "finger tight" Rachner
7,216 Posts
316 said:
Anyone know a good lawyer for this? It was in Lynnwood if it matters.
I've got some legal advice for him... don't put me, my family, and all my friends in danger next time! :shake

·
Or is it?
8,379 Posts
if he hasn't used his deferral use that...some people save it for their third DUI...but I hope he doesn't DO it again..

AA meetings, little bit of this, little bit of that...not too bad, my bro is going through it. He might lose his license too.

·
squirrelly fucker
4,008 Posts
hopefully he gets stuck dealing with all the penalties and his eyes will open and make him decide never to do it again. I still have 13 months of SR22 left and have been broke for the past two years dealing with all the fines, lawyer fees, and treatment costs from my DUI. life sucks sometimes, but what happens if he gets off this time? he won't relate any sort of consequences with drinking and driving and will be more likely to do it again. maybe the next few times he'll get where he's going without any problems or getting pulled over, but what about the time he kills himself or someone else? fines and treatment won't seem so harsh then will they?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Most Hated said:
if he hasn't used his deferral use that...some people save it for their third DUI...but I hope he doesn't DO it again..
Save it for their third DUI? So they're planning on getting more than one??? wtf

Getting ONE DUI is bad enough. But if you get two, you're a dumbfuck and a drunk. If you get three, you should have your ass thrown in jail for a long time. :mad

Do these assholes think they have some right to drive drunk and endanger other people's lives??? Do they not even think or give a shit about the potential consequences of their actions, or is getting a DUI, just "a hassle" for them? Fucking idiots. :rant

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most Hated said:

AA meetings, little bit of this, little bit of that...not too bad, my bro is going through it. He might lose his license too.
He hasn't used it yet... Does he need a lawyer to use it?

Also yeah flaming is pointless, I think drinking and driving is the stupidest fucking thing in the world, but really you only have control of yourself. I told him he was a jackass and hopefully he'll learn from this.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just hope he doesn't appear before my wife.

DUI is the quickest way to a $5000 ticket (atypical lawyers fees) and that's IF you get off.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
.08 is the legal limit...how that amount of alcohol affects somebody is the unknown. That is simply the states cover-all limit. I'm sure a few of you could toss down a couple beers and (edit) not even KNOW you were above the state limits. Doesn't mean your judgement or ability is impared - just means you got caught violating a technicality. I appreciate and concur with all the 'this guy is a jackass' comments....but we really don't know the circumstances. We all mess up. Maybe this guy messed up because he had two beers with dinner instead of one. (shrug)

Unless the guy WAS sloppy drunk...then send him to one of those federal, pound-you-in-the-ass prisons.

:)

·
And we will send you to whatever God you wish
3,409 Posts
dmp said:
.08 is the legal limit...how that amount of alcohol affects somebody is the unknown. That is simply the states cover-all limit. I'm sure a few of you could toss down a couple beers and even KNOW you were above the state limits. Doesn't mean your judgement or ability is impared - just means you got caught violating a technicality. I appreciate and concur with all the 'this guy is a jackass' comments....but we really don't know the circumstances. We all mess up. Maybe this guy messed up because he had two beers with dinner instead of one. (shrug)

Unless the guy WAS sloppy drunk...then send him to one of those federal, pound-you-in-the-ass prisons.

Couldn't have said it all better myself.

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
Werd.

I didn't want to get into it but the fact that the government has lowered the legal limit (and wants to make it even lower) just goes to show that they are not interested in keeping our streets safe. Instead, they want to get as much money as they can.

If I have a couple of beers I can be legally over the limit. Am I endangering anyone? I don't think so. Will I get a ticket and be screwed? Yes.

All that the government achieves is catching more regular people (like you and me) rather than those who are truly drunk and are a danger.

·
Or is it?
8,379 Posts
dmp said:

then send him to one of those federal, pound-you-in-the-ass prisons.

You wouldn't happen to have those TPS Reports ready would yeah??

DUI is dumb...but can anyone here say they have NEVER gotten behind the wheel when they had one or two beers??? ANYONE?? People mess up....my bro got a DUI when he was out driving his blazer in the woods...understand? the trees? forest? rocks? woods? DNR busted him for having a beer or two....i dont think he could of damaged anyone else but the stuff he was wheeling over anyways...so if you think anyone who has a DUI is stupid, and DUMB, and should endanger me and my families life cause i am overly excited about someone driving drunk...listen to circumstances.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I've never drank and then drove, I have had a beer and got back on the bike about 30 min later and felt fine, but it was just one beer. I just think people need to be responsible and think about others.

My buddy on the other hand was a jackass and under the influence of marijuana. I really do hope he learns from this but at the same time being my friend I hope it doesn't screw him over too bad. I think everyone deserves a second chance, fuck that up and you deserve whatever is coming as you should have learned from it the first time.

PS. FUCK the Lynnwood PD. I got a mofo ticket b/c it was wet out, I was stopped, car bogged down and I didn't want to stall it b/c there was a huge ass raised truck behind me so I compensate and ended up accidentally drifting the backend into the corner, perfectly, no fishtailing, there were no cars on the street and I didn't speed. And fuck 365lb tq + wet road = it's going to fucking happen every once in awhile.

Needless to say I got a fucking neg 2 for an honest accident.... I just wish I knew I was going to get a ticket anyway, then I would have gotten on it on purpose and left a good 50' of tread for the assmonkey.

I still haven't decided if I should mitigate or contest.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
dmp said:
.08 is the legal limit...how that amount of alcohol affects somebody is the unknown. That is simply the states cover-all limit. I'm sure a few of you could toss down a couple beers and (edit) not even KNOW you were above the state limits. Doesn't mean your judgement or ability is impared - just means you got caught violating a technicality. I appreciate and concur with all the 'this guy is a jackass' comments....but we really don't know the circumstances. We all mess up. Maybe this guy messed up because he had two beers with dinner instead of one. (shrug)
Exactly that happened to a friend of mine recently. He got a DUI after having two light beers at dinner. Not everyone who gets a DUI is the weaving asshole we all see coming home from the bars.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
dmp said:

I don't agree but you expected that. I'll bring a PBT to the next party so you can all see what a bitch it is getting to a .08. Unless you are a conditioned drunk, .08 is tuff to get too. Two beers won't do it unless you're 5 years old.

·
And we will send you to whatever God you wish
3,409 Posts
boswalt said:
I don't agree but you expected that. I'll bring a PBT to the next party so you can all see what a bitch it is getting to a .08. Unless you are a conditioned drunk, .08 is tuff to get too. Two beers won't do it unless you're 5 years old.
Bring it and let's see who can get the highest!

The first person to die, WINS! Yahh!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts