Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone recommend a cheap pair of all-weather pants? I'm on a tight budget, but need a good pair of pants that I can wear in most any weather. Basically, I want something waterproof (or resistant, I only have a leather jacket), cool enough to wear on hot days, and has removeable thermal insulation for when it gets cold. I also want at least some padding or armor.

I'm looking at Fieldsheer's Highland pants right now, along with a couple of others.

Also, how well will a leather jacket repel rain? I've got waterproofing spray from Wilson's leather I could use on my jacket if it will help.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Those Fieldsheers shouldn't be too bad. I like my Joe Rocket Ballistic pants. But they do get alittle warm in summer. They have a full length 2 sided zipper down the legs, so you can open them up a few inches at the hip for ventilation. Other than that I can't say really. The First Gear Speed pants are a nice combo of leather and codura, they are supposed to be waterproof. Have you tried looking around http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/ for some ideas? Might be some more options and opinions there. Good luck.

BTW, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
jerky1280 said:
Could anyone recommend a cheap pair of all-weather pants? I'm on a tight budget, but need a good pair of pants that I can wear in most any weather. Basically, I want something waterproof (or resistant, I only have a leather jacket), cool enough to wear on hot days, and has removeable thermal insulation for when it gets cold. I also want at least some padding or armor.

I'm looking at Fieldsheer's Highland pants right now, along with a couple of others.

Also, how well will a leather jacket repel rain? I've got waterproofing spray from Wilson's leather I could use on my jacket if it will help.
My first opinion is you're asking too many things from one set. Waterproof is going to be unwearable in hot days. Anything that does a bunch of things doesn't do any of them well.

First Gear I think has exactly the mix your looking for. As Sprint said...

But dude check out the pants 1/2 down this page!: http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/heingericke.htm

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I use something called Knee-Necks. Weird name, huh? But they are sort of "chaps" made of the same stuff that most textile inner warmth liners are made of. They wrap around your legs via velcro, and are great in keeping you warm. And when you don't need them, they fold away quite nicely. Essentailly, they're chaps for people that don't wanna look like the Village People.

BTW, I think this thread would be better served in the Gear section. So moving there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts