Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
&S/G SQUARED BUELL SETS POMONA TRACK RECORD!

LA CROSSE, WISCONSIN The Auto Club NHRA Finals held in Pomona, California kept the Pro Stock Motorcycle crowd on their feet all weekend. During the three days of qualifying fans saw Chip Ellis on the G Squared/S&S Buell hit 190.30 mph, Tom Bradford on the Hal's H-D V-Twin Buell go 191.38 mph and Matt Smith on the G Squared/S&S/Red Line Oil Buell set a new track record with a 7.000 second, 189.82 mph pass!

The 160ci S&S Pro Stock-powered bikes made quite an impression this weekend by filling up six of 16 slots available for the finals on Sunday. Throughout the eliminations, S&S/Buell powered bikes moved up in the field, especially Chip Ellis who swapped engines just before the semi-finals and on an untuned S&S Pro Stock engine went 7.174 at 183.02 mph! The finals came down to Ryan Schnitz on the Team Muzzy Buell against Andrew Hines and his Vance and Hines bike. Hines red-lighted and handed the win to Schnitz-his third of the 15-round season. In fact, five of the 15-rounds this year were won by S&S Pro Stock powered bikes.

Other 160ci S&S Pro Stock-powered Buell motorcycles also did well this weekend with all six S&S-powered bikes going into the elimination rounds Sunday.
Chip Ellis-G Squared/S&S Buell 7.047 190.30 mph
Ryan Schnitz-Team Muzzy Buell 7.063 187.91 mph
Chris Rivas-Mohegan Sun Racing Buell 7.198 185.89 mph
Matt Smith-Redline Oil Buell 7.000 189.82 mph
Tom Bradford-Hal?s H-D V-Twin Buell 7.168 191.38 mph
Matt Guidera-Rocklin Motorsports Buell 7.146 183.99 mph

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I was thinking it broke a roadcourse lap record. :laughing

·
Super Moderator
23,510 Posts
They forgot to include in the story that the track had to send a truck down after the buell to pick up the parts that fell off.:nanana

·
Registered
613 Posts
No, I'm not likely to be the first to break this story, though I was watching some of the Pomona meet last night on the telly. Though most of my friends are, I'm not a big fan of drag racing, and truthfully, the kudos here really go to the S&S company for designing and building a successful engine that has nothing to do with Vance & Hines Harley sponsored effort. As it was an S&S project from the start and the Buell sponsorship was almost an afterthought, I think Buell got the results for a lot less money than Harley spent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts