Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting new tires soon and would like to completely destory my old m1 rear. any tips? every time i try, i rev, let off the clutch and kill the bike :confused

·
Durka Durka!
5,592 Posts
roll your front tire up to a curb or wall, rev it up to 10K while holding the front brake (to be safe) and dump the clutch... thats the easyest way to burn out if your not experianced............

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe because they arent something i would ever do other than to destory a tire :shrug

course you never know...i could become addicted and turn into the biggest squid the world has ever seen.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah if your not expecting rubbern and cords to be all over everything back there, I would think twice about it. Cords can come up and whip the brakelight/tailsection and scratch or even crack things. If your ok with that then getter done.;)
And have someone video tape it so we can see too.

·
my bike looks like shit
430 Posts
roll about 10mph, brake semi hard to lighten the rear end (almost like you are gonna do a baby stoppie but dont lift the rear wheel offa the ground) let out the clutch (dont slip the clutch, if you use the front brake right to lighten the rear end enough, it will start spinnin when you let the clutch out) and get on the gas at the same time you let out the clutch. Stay below 4k rpms. High rpms equal more responsiveness for steering and faster donuts, Low rpms equal ease of control, the bike will be slow and predictable. As soon as you let out the clutch and get on the gas, slowly let pressure off the front brake while staying in the gas and you are now doing a rolling burnout. This takes a little practice, clutch,gas and brake timing are key. Modulate the front brake while always keeping the gas constant. If you let out the brake too much, you need more gas to keep it going. Experiment, have fun. Once you get the rolling burnies countersteer and lean inside for donuts.

·
All in, double leveraged, no parachute!
1,247 Posts
The bike is stalling because you're still sitting on the seat. Easy 1st-timer burnout, stop, put your feet on the ground, keep your ass off the seat, bury the front brake lever, grab a few thousand revs (~4K), let the clutch out quickly. The tire will break free instantly. Smoke in good health! :D

My first few attempts were lessons in stalling too. My stock 600cc didn't want to light the tire with much weight on it.

setuid: Thanks for the How-to on rolling burnouts! I wandered in here looking for input on just that. ;) Quickie question: Once the back tire is lit and the bike rolling along slowly, can I lean back off the bars into a more comfortable position, putting more weight on the back tire?

·
my bike looks like shit
430 Posts
tang: yeah, however the more weight you transfer to the back, the more rpms you need to keep that back tire spinning. If you dont have enough rpms kickin you will push the front. The main trick is to be smooth with the brake and steady with the throttle. Any choppy brake inputs and you are likely to push the front (letting your rpms drop too much will cause this also). Its all practice. Once you get steady, you can do sitdown donuts and rolling burnies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The way I do a standstill burnout is. Stand up, hold the bike between my legs. Rev it up, press down hard on the bars while letting the clutch out, add throttle for more smoke. :) Rev limiter burnouts heat the motor up QUICK :D

·
Heavy Metal
1,907 Posts
don't sit on it and dump the clutch....you'll start rollin, best to stand up at first and get the hang of it...

also, u don't have to dump the clutch...u can feather it some, until u get the hang of itl....then u will just dump it...

·
my bike looks like shit
430 Posts
lol covert. thats right though.. if you dont wanna hurt your bike, why the hell are you stunting?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.