Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think we are seeing Bush's policy on democratizing the middle east unfolding in Iraq.....and beyond??

"Bush Doctrine have been formally articulated in one place. The 33-page document presents a bold and comprehensive reformulation of U.S. foreign policy. It outlines a new and muscular American posture in the world -- a posture that will rely on preemption to deal with rogue states and terrorists harboring weapons of mass destruction. It states that America will exploit its military and economic power to encourage "free and open societies." It states for the first time that the U.S. will never allow its military supremacy to be challenged as it was during the Cold War. And the NSS insists that when America's vital interests are at stake, it will act alone, if necessary.

Policy analysts note that there are many elements in the 2002 NSS document which bear a strong resemblance to recommendations presented in Paul Wolfowitz's controversial Defense Planning Guidance draft written in 1992 under the first Bush administration."

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ripTOOL said:
Abso-fucking-lutely. :hail
:thumb
I thought I was the only one here who was happy about this! :D

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Now if we could just get the Republicans to adopt the same strategy politically. :thumb

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
VstarVixxen said:
I thought I was the only one here who was happy about this! :D
I try to stay out of the bleeding heart grandstands.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ripTOOL said:
I try to stay out of the bleeding heart grandstands.
:lol...shit...I kinda found out tonight exactly what you mean by that..:laughing

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ManaBurrn said:
Now if we could just get the Republicans to adopt the same strategy politically. :thumb
:confused You lost me on that one.
Actually, the hawks don't even need a strategy....they can win just by showing up.. .....dean has basically made himself out to be a laughing stock.:laughing

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
First Afghanistan, then Iraq, Libya is following, don't be surprised if you hear statements from Syria and Iran soon.
Good to have a president that backs up his words. :thumb
I jsut hope we don't ruin it by putting a democrat in power in '04.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
VstarVixxen said:
:confused You lost me on that one.
Actually, the hawks don't even need a strategy....they can win just by showing up.. .....dean has basically made himself out to be a laughing stock.:laughing
The Republicans are bending over backwards trying to appease the Dems - look at the Farm Bill, and Bush letting Kennedy (!) write the education bill. THey won't stand by their judicial nominations - they're moving left to appeal to a broader base.... it just pisses me off.

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
I'd rather see a president actually do something to prevent future attacks then sit around, hoping another one doesn't happen. People can whine and cry that he (or the administration) lied about this or that, but the bottom line is that the horrible dictator that was Saddam can no longer kill mass amounts of people or intimidate many more. You can't tell me that if Saddam had the means to attack the US or Israel with a WMD, that he would not have done so in a heartbeat. It's time to show the punk dictators and religious fanatics out there that we are not going to sit around and wait for them to come get us. We will not be intimidated and we will not stand to be attacked.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quackPOT said:
I'd rather see a president actually do something to prevent future attacks then sit around, hoping another one doesn't happen. People can whine and cry that he (or the administration) lied about this or that, but the bottom line is that the horrible dictator that was Saddam can no longer kill mass amounts of people or intimidate many more. You can't tell me that if Saddam had the means to attack the US or Israel with a WMD, that he would not have done so in a heartbeat. It's time to show the punk dictators and religious fanatics out there that we are not going to sit around and wait for them to come get us. We will not be intimidated and we will not stand to be attacked.
:clap :clap :clap

I think the world is finding that out as we speak!
As Lieberman so eloquently said, if it were up to Dean, he'd [Saddam] still be in power. The democratic party is hurting big time over this...and I just hope bush has another 4 years to further his foreign policy.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
quackPOT said:
You can't tell me that if Saddam had the means to attack the US or Israel with a WMD, that he would not have done so in a heartbeat.
You said it! Makes you wonder if he ever had them. :confused

·
Registered
442 Posts
quackPOT said:

You can't tell me that if Saddam had the means to attack the US or Israel with a WMD, that he would not have done so in a heartbeat.
The threat of a nuke coming out of the ocean 20 miles off shore from your home is a VERY good deterent.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
D duck said:
The threat of a nuke coming out of the ocean 20 miles off shore from your home is a VERY good deterent.
Not good enough apparently as he allegedly killed his own people with biological weapons :confused

·
Registered
802 Posts
F*ck that noise, Bush is an IDIOT. The only reason anything good has come from his administration is his advisors. I'm from Texas and we are born and raised republican. So, I'm not saying Dean should be his replacement. But come on. Bush is an IDIOT. He makes up words, can barely read speeches and just sounds like a f*cking moron. If you're going to give credit to anyone, give it to his advisors.

done

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
gummo said:
Not good enough apparently as he allegedly killed his own people with biological weapons :confused
Because he knew that we sold the Kurds out all together after GW(Gulf War) I. He knew at that point we weren't going to do anything. That's okay, he'll find out the hard way that karma is in fact, a bitch.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
dover338 said:
F*ck that noise, Bush is an IDIOT. The only reason anything good has come from his administration is his advisors. I'm from Texas and we are born and raised republican. So, I'm not saying Dean should be his replacement. But come on. Bush is an IDIOT. He makes up words, can barely read speeches and just sounds like a f*cking moron. If you're going to give credit to anyone, give it to his advisors.

done
You may be dead in the morning :laughing

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dover338 said:

done
He's not the best public speaker in the world..but I hear his IQ is higher than Al Gore...the president we would have been stuck with if Jeb Bush didn't help his brother out!
Besides, who cares if he's an eloquent speaker or not..he's real, and most americans can relate to him...and the trooops love him...so lay off the cowboy!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts