Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine sent this to me today. I think it makes a pretty good point. Instead of sending out usless emails I thought I'd post this in forums that were related to the issue. Anyway, take a quick read and see what you think.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money
into
the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that
don't
import their oil from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating
than the
feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my
money to people
who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I
thought it might be
interesting for you to know which oil companies are
the best to buy gas
from.

Major companies that import Middle
Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00
-
8/31/01).

Shell................ 205,742,000
barrels
Chevron/Texaco....... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon
/Mobil......... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon............. 117,740,000
barrels
Amoco................ 62,231,000 barrels

If you do the
math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18
BILLION!

Here
are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo
0 barrels
Sunoco 0 ! barrels
Conoco 0 barrels
Sinclair 0
barrels
BP/Phillips 0 barrels
Hess 0 barrels

All of this
information is available from the Department of Energy and
can be easily
documented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required
to state
where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They
report on
a monthly basis.

Keep this list in your car; share it with friends.
Stop paying for
terrorism.............

But to have an impact, we
need to reach literally millions of gas
buyers. It's really simple
to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point...keep reading and I'll
explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people!! .

I'm
sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it
to
at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at
least
ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and so on, by the time the message
reaches
the sixth generation of people, we will have reached ! over THREE
MILLION
consumers!

If those three million get ex cited and pass this on to
ten friends
each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
If it goes one level
further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!! .

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Bullshit dude, really.

ALL the companies you listed except Exxon/Mobil use blending ports.

What is a blending port ? A big tank farm like a mini-refinery but they can only adjust octane ratings, they can't adjust or crack the fuel. It is where suppliers dump the leftover gasoline from wherever it comes from...tankers, trucks, depots, and anywhere else. It is good enuf gas, but not pure, and it is a mix from EVERY COMPANY, including Exxon/Mobil (Mobil has contract agreements that they will never SELL blend to the customer, but they do sell to depots). CITGO is the most blended fuel anywhere !

if they didn't blend fuel like this across the USA, fule would sit and rot in tanks and be useless in a hurry., and suppliers would go broke. no one can sell 1/16th a load to someone.

You tank up in any gas station, you are tanking up with gas from USA and abroad. That is how the industry operates. sorry to bust your bubble, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to go -USA- only, because that is the way it works in the real world, not your fantasy world.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My best friends mother owns a few convience stores back where I grew up. One is on the list of non-importers you listed. The others are not. All her gas comes from the same place.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Not only that..... it's not THE Saudi's that are trying to kill you, it's A (singular) Saudi that's trying to kill you. Saudi Arabia has denounced Osama and his fanatics.

Get your story straight dude. Not every Arab is from Saudi Arabia. Not all the Mid-East oil comes from Saudi Arabia. Not all terrorists come from Saudia Arabia.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was an e mail sent to me by a friend. I felt the contents were interesting. But edzo's right this is garbage. Go read this page and the 2 links posted by KC Klark. I can stomache these numbers a lot easier. Even though they recive oil from many contries including South American, Canada, etc. the majority still comes from the middle east. BTW, my views are not that all Saudies are out to kill us but the fact is we still depend on a majority of our resources from counries, gov't, etc. that would rather see us shrival to nothing. Our oil supply alone can not satisfy our needs as a whole so we must seek other areas to fill the need. The problem is that resource is held in an area that is considered hostile to us. Even though our gov't dosn't deal with it directly and it is processed through independent companies. The holders of the drilling land could put a hold on their export at will. Anyone remember what happened in 1973. Neither do I but you get the point.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
the deal is,

the original refiner can do all they can to meet govt regs and also refine only uSA gas....

but what you pump in your tank, you have no control over, except Mobil/Exxon and I think Sunoco. they contract from depot to consumer to make sure it is not blended gas, because they advertise thier special engine cleaning additives and all that crap, so they have to prove the chain-of-delivery

but like I said, there are large depots all over the USA which blend a mix of everybodys left over gas. they do this because gas is a hazardous substance and it cannot be dumped. it cannot be sold in 1/16th loads, it gets stale....

and it is too expensive to ship it back to the original refinery. also there is no way to track it once it is -out in the open-....

Mom and Pop stations usually are 100% blended, with every 8th load maybe being from one supplier. Independent truckers usually always just haul from these belnding ports....it saves them time and money and there is bigger profit for the indy trucker. the octane is what it should be, but it is a total mix of other peoples gas.

you want to really help, become a politician or lobbyist and fight govt. in Wash DC. you will never do it at the pump.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's another interesting tidbit for the buyers of Chevron. The Techron stuff that they put in is not refined into their gas. The guy who deliveres the gas to each station has to add the additive when he fills the tanks. If he's running late on a delivery and dosn't flip the lever to add the Techron it never makes it into that delivery. Personaly I like Chevron if I remember to stop buy there. they're the only station on my block with Car Wash so that's usuealy when use them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You never really know!

In the late 70's I was doing some contract work at a Mobil depot and all kinds of trucks came in there to fill their tanks. Not just independents either. There were Texaco, Shell and Exxon trucks in there also and this was long before the mergers.
Mark

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you live in the Washington area where all the shooting is going on ---

----then hope to God that the killer does not take a bead on you as an easy STILL target to shoot.

·
Registered
689 Posts
McMerican Gas?

When the administrators drill Alaska, you'll have American gas... there should be enough there to last for about 5 or 6 months at our overall rate of usage! Isn't that worth a little scenery and a few useless critters? I'am wondering which bike or cage or lawnmower I buy I'll be stuck with, cause they sure won't run on a tankful of nothin'.... I guess we'll find out within a couple years how fuel cells or hydrogen vehicles work out in the "real world". Imagine a bike with a fuel cell and hi-torque electric motor! No more effing Harleys and their obnoxious racket! We'll have to put playing cards in the spokes like when we were kids to get some sound out of them! What will happen to the soulful Italian "music" then? Ready for the changes?:rolleyes

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: McMerican Gas?

Real Saudi oil beneficiaries are perfectly content driving around in their Diablo's and doing lines of coke off of some supermodel's belly, not trying to kill us...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Scrapyard said:
A buddy of mine sent this to me today. I think it makes a pretty good point. Instead of sending out usless emails I thought I'd post this in forums that were related to the issue. Anyway, take a quick read and see what you think.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money
into
the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that
don't
import their oil from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating
than the
feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my
money to people
who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I
thought it might be
interesting for you to know which oil companies are
the best to buy gas
from.

Major companies that import Middle
Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00
-
8/31/01).

Shell................ 205,742,000
barrels
Chevron/Texaco....... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon
/Mobil......... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon............. 117,740,000
barrels
Amoco................ 62,231,000 barrels

If you do the
math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18
BILLION!

Here
are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo
0 barrels
Sunoco 0 ! barrels
Conoco 0 barrels
Sinclair 0
barrels
BP/Phillips 0 barrels
Hess 0 barrels

All of this
information is available from the Department of Energy and
can be easily
documented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required
to state
where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They
report on
a monthly basis.

Keep this list in your car; share it with friends.
Stop paying for
terrorism.............

But to have an impact, we
need to reach literally millions of gas
buyers. It's really simple
to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point...keep reading and I'll
explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people!! .

I'm
sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it
to
at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at
least
ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and so on, by the time the message
reaches
the sixth generation of people, we will have reached ! over THREE
MILLION
consumers!

If those three million get ex cited and pass this on to
ten friends
each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
If it goes one level
further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!! .

What you posted is the biggest email urban legened on the net right now....

snopes2.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts