Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the good local places to buy pants, jackets, and suits? I know of CycleGear and Woods, but I haven't found a sporty leather riding outfit (2 piece) I like at either one. I do have weird proportions, so that's probably a reason why it's so hard...

Anyone have suggestions on where to shop? I definitely want to try before I buy and buy local.

·
Ride to Eat - Eat to Ride
417 Posts
Lonestar is the best option locally, they have the most selection and sizes and are real helpful. In fact they also recommended for me to try Moto-Liberty when they didn't have the size of boots that I needed. I also have bought some gear at Moto-Liberty in Dallas when I was working up there and would recommend them.

I have never bought anything from New Enough, but almost everything that I have ever read about them is they provide great service and have good prices.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I got my stuff at this place up in georgetown on i-35 southbound.... i dont remember the name of the place... i had just gotten my widom teeth taken out and was pretty drugged up.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Rocket Widget said:
I got my stuff at this place up in georgetown on i-35 southbound.... i dont remember the name of the place... i had just gotten my widom teeth taken out and was pretty drugged up.
Sounds like Extreme Outdoor Motors.

·
Registered
249 Posts
there's a place in New Braunfels that sells Alpinestars stuff. can't remember the name offhand, but you can see it from I35.

·
Registered
207 Posts
+1 on Moto Liberty in Dallas

·
Registered
186 Posts
Drugged up and now u stoopid too Widge?? :redflip
:D {sorry for the hi-jack}

Rocket Widget said:
i had just gotten my widom teeth taken out and was pretty drugged up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ninja_steve said:
whatcha looking for? cycle gear can get almost anything except vanson and spidi ;)
Nothing in particular. I'd like to be able to ride through the winter, but all I have now is a mesh Fieldsheer jacket I got becuase it was about the only thing long enough and in a style I liked. Thinking of trying out the Teknic 2005 Lightning 2-piece if I can find it. :D

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
CRYPTiC said:
Nothing in particular. I'd like to be able to ride through the winter, but all I have now is a mesh Fieldsheer jacket I got becuase it was about the only thing long enough and in a style I liked. Thinking of trying out the Teknic 2005 Lightning 2-piece if I can find it. :D
they should be able to get it for you, down at the shop in san antonio, we order teknic either direct or through motorcycle stuff

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the Lone Star suggestion. Stopped by today to look at a bunch of stuff, but only got a balaclava in the end. I REALLY wanted silk glove liners, but they were all out of my size. The sales people there were really nice and even helped me with trying out the Scorpion helmets. The 400 seems to fit really well, but I'm torn between buying it locally and buying it from TT to support the site. :confused

Will check out Moto Liberty when I head up to Dallas this week!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
CRYPTiC said:
Thanks for the Lone Star suggestion. Stopped by today to look at a bunch of stuff, but only got a balaclava in the end. I REALLY wanted silk glove liners, but they were all out of my size. The sales people there were really nice and even helped me with trying out the Scorpion helmets. The 400 seems to fit really well, but I'm torn between buying it locally and buying it from TT to support the site. :confused

Will check out Moto Liberty when I head up to Dallas this week!
We gots some good glove liners at Whole Earth. WindStopper balaclavas too. Not to mention some cool Windstopper N2S shirts (for a cool $150+!!!) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts