Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator,
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everybody going to do during the snow storm? I'm gonna take the kids sledding and try to get in some cross country skiing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kick back in front of a roaring fireplace sipping on a glass of smooth, sweet, 120 proof bourbon heat. Thinking about all those twisties I'm going to straighten out this summer. :nanana

Kaz

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I took the quad out on the roads near my house. It's fun because no one is out driving at night in snowstorms. Just us crazy Quaders. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
i am sitting at work after plowing all day i will be shoveling all night and tomorrow when i get to go home i'll shovel more .... did i mention i love the snow ..really ..i do :rolleyes

·
Registered
587 Posts
I sat inside and watched TV and just relaxed. Then after it had pretty much stopped snowing I went outside and cleared the driveway with the snowblower. I hate snow.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wes came by Friday night, cause we had originally had plans to celebrate his birthday with Rob, Nancy and Shawn on Saturday, but we ended up postponing that till next weekend. So Wes and I just hung out at my place ... rented some movies, ordered some pizza, picked up some alcohol and junk food and spent the weekend vegging out on the couch.

D - Wes saw a bunch of guys out on snowmobiles on his way home last night. I bet you had a blast out on your quad :thumb

·
Moderator,
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we ended up with about a foot, with drifts (i.e., our entire driveway) to 18" The kids were thrilled. I, after several hours of shoveling, wasn't so thrilled!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yea, I remember snow being so much fun when I was a kid. :)

Gerogia - Yea it's always fun wippin' around on the quad during the winter, it sucked I had to stay on the roads though because the fields were too deep for my quad. :(

·
Registered
587 Posts
After moving into our house last year and finally having our own driveway I decided I "needed" a snowblower. I am being completely serious that everyone on my street has one except for my neighbor and the people across the street from them, it was time for me to get one. The wife put up no argument, I guess she knew that if we got one she would never have to shovel again. What really drove me nuts last year is I would get start clearing my driveway off before everyone else and then they would come out and clear their driveway and be back inside and I was still busting my butt.:mad

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
silverf4i said:
After moving into our house last year and finally having our own driveway I decided I "needed" a snowblower. I am being completely serious that everyone on my street has one except for my neighbor and the people across the street from them, it was time for me to get one. The wife put up no argument, I guess she knew that if we got one she would never have to shovel again. What really drove me nuts last year is I would get start clearing my driveway off before everyone else and then they would come out and clear their driveway and be back inside and I was still busting my butt.:mad
LOL I know that from many years of shoveling, I think my back is paying for it now. :)

·
Moderator,
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya. Each year I think a little longer about investing in a snowblower. They are just sooo pricey!

·
Registered
587 Posts
VFRBill said:
I hear ya. Each year I think a little longer about investing in a snowblower. They are just sooo pricey!
I had 10% coupon when I got mine, but just before this past snow home depot were selling all of their inventory for 50% off due to the warm winter. jmazz tried to get one with no luck, he checked 3 different home depots and they were all sold out. They are pricey but the time and aggravation it saves me is worth it, plus you buy it once and it will last for not just years, decades.

·
Moderator,
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
50% off? Wow. That would make buying a blower well worth it. And it's true that they last forever.

·
Moderator,
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the way, I'm heading north this weekend for the annual start to the fishing season smelting trip. Nothing like a bit o' ice fishing!:D Stay tuned for pictures of the mayhem...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts