Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding and racing cycles for over 30 years and never had the need for a motorcycle (onroad) license in California. I now want to use an F4I as my commute vehicle. So I have been waiting for months for this road test appointment which they gave me at 11am on Christmas Eve. I also needed to transfer a title for a 63 mini cooper so I got to the DMV at 9:45. There was hardly anyone there and it only took 10 minutes to get the title transferred on the mini. They made me wait until 11am for my road test then told me they would not set up the course today since the asphalt was damp. (yes damp, no standing water). They gave me another appointment for JAN 20 (F#%^^&). I asked to talk to the supervisor who made me talk to the tester who said I might slip and fall so it was too dangerous. I explained politely I had ridden and raced for over 30 years and I was quite capable of riding on damp asphalt. She said no. I was getting mad and then found out she does not own or know how to ride a motorcycle but she was in charge. She told me I could not possibly pass the course in that yellow bike. I said something rude, got on my bike and since the course was empty, rode around her damn circle three times, offered her an Italian salute, and drove off as her chin hit the ground.
:nanana

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I hope she dun look up yer info and screw you later...

·
Does this scooter make my butt look big?
727 Posts
good ole' California. DMV employees in California are brain dead.

Sorry to hear you had to deal with the repercussions of their stupidity.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
thats ridiculous IMHO...its not like there is a law against riding when its wet:rolleyes
Perhaps a hurricane would be a reason for a change of date.

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
This coming from a DMV that gives driving tests in 30+ languages, I'm not surprised. CA DMV is probably the worst DMV out there...

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
thunderex said:
as opposed to all the nobel laureate dmv employees in other states.
+100000000

:rant

I get so pissed sometimes.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Damp? The MSF courses here specifically say "RAIN OR SHINE." The only time it would be cancelled is if it's iced over.

·
Moderator,
12,930 Posts
Hell, here in MI they wouldn't let me change over my driver's license until I showed them THREE PIECES OF ID!!! Who in the hell carries 3 forms of ID with them?

So, after standing in line for 20 minutes, I had to run home and find 2 more "acceptable" pieces of identification. :mad

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
FZR Ace said:
Hell, here in MI they wouldn't let me change over my driver's license until I showed them THREE PIECES OF ID!!! Who in the hell carries 3 forms of ID with them?

So, after standing in line for 20 minutes, I had to run home and find 2 more "acceptable" pieces of identification. :mad
Um, aren't these people the ones who ISSUE the acceptable piece of identification?!? :confused

you'd figure showing them your license (even from out of state) would work. :shrug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts