Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The water pressure at my new place isnt that great, I took the flow restrictor out of my detatchable shower head to give it more force at my old apartment but in the new place thats not even enough so I need a new one. Can somebody reccomend a shower nozzle that I can buy that will increase the pressure of the spray? Everything seems to be low-flow now a days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,114 Posts
Bro your like 6'10 reach up and grab a cloud and squeaze out some rain :laughing
 

·
Thanks for having us all these years, Rez. Best o
Joined
·
20,204 Posts
Kramer, Newman and a 'salesman' are at the back of a van in an alley.

Salesman: All right, I got everything here. I got the Cyclone F series, Hydra
Jet Flow, Stockholm Superstream, you name it.

Jerry: What do you recommend?

Salesman: What are you looking for?

Kramer: Power, man. Power.

Newman: Like Silkwood.

Kramer: That's for radiation.

Newman: That's right.

Kramer (pointing to the largest one): Now, what is this?

Salesman: That's the Commando 450, I don't sell that one. What about thi-

Kramer: Well that's what we want, the Commando 450.

Salesman, Nah, believe me. It's only used in the circus. For elephants.

Newman: We'll pay anything. We've got the (hands a wad of money to Kramer)
What about Jerry?

Kramer: He couldn't handle that, he's delicate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,502 Posts
The best one I can think of is what they call the "original low-flow showerhead".
It's eco friendly and simulates high water pressure about as good as any showerhead I've ever used.
Now, obviously nothing is going to give you the rinsing effect of high water flow, but if you just want more pressure so you don't feel like you're standing under a trickle, this baby will do it for you.
And it's cheap as all get-out...totally bulletproof...
They have them at Wal-Mart, I believe, but here's a link.

http://www.niagaraconservation.com/ShowerheadsandAccessories.htm
 

Attachments

·
Thanks for having us all these years, Rez. Best o
Joined
·
20,204 Posts
We have one of these:

Speakman World Class Anystream® 6-Jet Showerheads
Features:
48 powerful spray streams
ANYSTREAM® plunger nozzle system delivers great spray intensity at any water pressure
Large operating handle for precise control and easy spray selection
Spray streams are infinitely adjustable
Invigorating full-coverage spray
Solid brass large-body construction
Pressure-compensating AUTOFLO® device limits flow to 2.5 gpm/9.46 lpm
Meets ANSI A112.18.1M
2-3/4" face diameter; 1/2" NPTF inlet


Love it. Got it at HD for like $30, IIRC.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,040 Posts
Teledyne has great products.

But epyon, have you tried to clean it at all? Take the showerhead off, and soak it in vinegar all day... it takes all those hard water deposits right out. That would be my first method before buying a new one. I've done that alot in the past and the water always came out awesome afterwards.
 

·
The Vespanator
Joined
·
4,964 Posts
I got a little cone-shaped one @ Lowes for about $6 - does an outstanding job of maximizing the spray velocity.

Couldn't find it on their site 'cus their search feature sux, but it's this one:

edit: adeptus beat me too it - that's the wider-pattern model of the 'original' low-flow, I think
 

Attachments

·
Nostradumbass
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
+1 about Jewelz suggestion with soaking it to get out the calcium deposits. That might make a difference.

A friend of mine has the nozzle that Adeptus and Kerry posted, at first I thought it was a fireman hose nozzle :laughing
 

·
Official Thread Killer
Joined
·
5,057 Posts
kerry_129 said:
I got a little cone-shaped one @ Lowes for about $6 - does an outstanding job of maximizing the spray velocity.

Couldn't find it on their site 'cus their search feature sux, but it's this one:

edit: adeptus beat me too it - that's the wider-pattern model of the 'original' low-flow, I think
I swear... if the water pressure was any greater... the water coming out of this showerhead would cut you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,960 Posts
Adeptus_Minor said:
The best one I can think of is what they call the "original low-flow showerhead".
It's eco friendly and simulates high water pressure about as good as any showerhead I've ever used.
Now, obviously nothing is going to give you the rinsing effect of high water flow, but if you just want more pressure so you don't feel like you're standing under a trickle, this baby will do it for you.
And it's cheap as all get-out...totally bulletproof...
They have them at Wal-Mart, I believe, but here's a link.

http://www.niagaraconservation.com/ShowerheadsandAccessories.htm
I have one of those....works great, but get the kind that's made of solid brass. There are cheaper knockoffs that will fall apart in time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,623 Posts
You just need to find a good low-flow head. If you have low water preasure and you use a high-flow head, the water will just dribble out of it. A low-flow head will give you much more velocity with less water.
 

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
Joined
·
7,107 Posts
JEWELZ007 said:
Teledyne has great products.

But epyon, have you tried to clean it at all? Take the showerhead off, and soak it in vinegar all day... it takes all those hard water deposits right out. That would be my first method before buying a new one. I've done that alot in the past and the water always came out awesome afterwards.
leave it to the women to KNOW exactly what to do with a shower head :redflip
 

·
Das Boooooot
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
Adeptus_Minor said:
The best one I can think of is what they call the "original low-flow showerhead".
It's eco friendly and simulates high water pressure about as good as any showerhead I've ever used.
Now, obviously nothing is going to give you the rinsing effect of high water flow, but if you just want more pressure so you don't feel like you're standing under a trickle, this baby will do it for you.
And it's cheap as all get-out...totally bulletproof...
They have them at Wal-Mart, I believe, but here's a link.

http://www.niagaraconservation.com/ShowerheadsandAccessories.htm


Greg are you sure thats a shower head?? and not something else you had laying around?? :redflip :nanana

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JEWELZ007 said:
Teledyne has great products.

But epyon, have you tried to clean it at all? Take the showerhead off, and soak it in vinegar all day... it takes all those hard water deposits right out. That would be my first method before buying a new one. I've done that alot in the past and the water always came out awesome afterwards.
Ive cleaned it before, it worked fine in my old apartment but since I moved the pressure sucks.

Im gonna get one of those low-flow ones you guys posted. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
timy said:
Bro your like 6'10 reach up and grab a cloud and squeaze out some rain :laughing
:redflip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
The water pressure at my new place isnt that great, I took the flow restrictor out of my detatchable shower head to give it more force at my old apartment but in the new place thats not even enough so I need a new one. Can somebody reccomend a shower head with high-pressure spray? Everything seems to be low-flow now a days.
Speakman, AquaDance, and Delta all have shower heads with pressure boosting function. Their common name is "high pressure shower head". You can find them on Amazon or eBay. I have purchased 3 of them and they are all as strong as the day I bought them. I have to say, they have effectively improved my shower water pressure. The pressure is good, if you want to be softer, just change the shower mode.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top