Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some clear vinyl tubes and it says the tubes can be used for chemicals, gases (like air), and greases but can it withstand gasoline? Will it be alright to used it to connect gas tank to the carburetor?

·
It's good to be the king
4,427 Posts
A vinyl tube? Vinyl is used on car interiors and stuff like Rob's love doll girlfriend. :D

I'd just run down to the auto parts store and get a rubber piece of hose if I were you. ;)

Deuce

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
i had some on my gas tank vent tube and it eventually bent and cracked, but the fumes did not seem to affect it.

The only thing is you are risking a fire if it does not work. Is it worth it?:shrug

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Money is not really the issue, I just want a fuel line that is clear. All I can find as of this moment is black ones... any suggestions on where I can get clear fuel lines that's specially made for that purpose?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Clear tube should last a while. There are thousands of variants, so expect some defferences in performance. If it's important to you to have clear tube, just make it a regular maintenance item to replace about every year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts