Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you want to have rear flush mounts(to match the fronts)?

I was looking at a ninja 250 at the dealer recently, and where the back turn signals are on the european ones is just they are painted over.
so just strip the paint off the signal covers and the signal covers should be right there.
I do not know if the HW for the light is there, but all you would have to do is order the proper parts, and run the wires, change the bulbs and remove the old stalks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You know, I never thought of that, I bet it would look great. I'll have my better half take a look tonight when he gets home since he is the mechanic of the family. Actually, he just finished putting LEDs on his bike and they look great.

I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
445 Posts
my mate has done that over here. There wires are there, so go get that paint removed and get that look. However over here it is illegal to do it as the distance of the indicators do not meet our standards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have integrated the signals and eliminated the fender

First you have to remove the paint from the lense covers. I had heard that oven cleaner worked, but it didn't for me on my 2001 Canadian version. I ended up using paint stripper, but you have to be careful as the stripper also will melt the plastic. The end result is that the lenses look a little dull, but they can probably be buffed out.

Under the lense there are pods, but no wires, sockets, or bulbs. However, the ones from the stock signal assemblies can be used.

If anyone is interested in detailed instructions, or other help with doing the signals or fender, just email me.

See the picture for the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts